OneNote syncing Error code: 0xE000003D

Anonymous
2017-04-11T01:41:13+00:00

The syncing between  OneNote ap on my Surface tablet and OneNote 2010 has stopped working and I'm receiving the above error code.  From what I can ascertain if I create a page in OneNote 2010 it will sync with OneDrive and the OneNote ap.  If I create a page in the OneNote ap, it will sync with OneDrive but not with OneNote 2010.  Once the syncing error occurs then the syncing between OneNote 2010 and OneDrive also stops and the notebook no longer syncs.  I've tried moving the pages from one section to another within the Notebook but problem is still there. It seems that the notebook becomes corrupt.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-04-13T23:54:32+00:00

    Thanks Anna & Valley_Dweller for following this up as I've been away from office and need to get my IT support to access my pc as admin.  I'm back on tue and will let you know how I go .... look forward to any updates at your end too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-04-13T17:49:50+00:00

    Thank you for letting us know what happened. This can be an issue with corrupted section, notebook or OneNote app itself. Since you are still encountering the same issue, let us repair your OneNote application. Detailed steps are provided on this link. Once done, try to check if you can sync again.

    Keep us updated with the result.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-04-13T13:28:30+00:00

    I performed Clean OneNote Cache; this did not solve the problem.  I then had to reconnect all notebooks.  This worked fine until I synced the notebook that I posted about; when it reconnected, the same Error code: 0xE000003D came back.

    I had our administrator then perform the clean boot following the link/instructions you provided, but when this was attempted, something went wrong, as soon as I would click to log into my computer, the screen would go blank...........he found a way to get around this and make it so I could log in again....but was not able to perform the clean boot per Microsoft instructions.

    I believe Paul is on to something when he said *" From what I can ascertain if I create a page in OneNote 2010 it will sync with OneDrive and the OneNote ap.  **If I create a page in the OneNote ap, it will sync with OneDrive but not with OneNote 2010.****Once the syncing error occurs then the syncing between OneNote 2010 and OneDrive also stops and the notebook no longer syncs.*I've tried moving the pages from one section to another within the Notebook but problem is still there. It seems that the notebook becomes corrupt."   This is my experience also.  Has this been looked at?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-04-12T18:08:23+00:00

    Hello,

    Since we need to further refresh your OneNote/Notebook, you can choose Clean OneNote Cache. Make sure that the files you have were synced before to save the files. Once done, close your OneNote and open it normally. Please check if you will be able to sync your OneNote.

    If still the same, please perform a clean boot. It will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and start up programs. It will also eliminate software conflicts that could occur when you install a program, or an update, or when you run a program in Windows.

    Let us know if there will be any changes after performing the suggested steps.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-04-11T21:36:00+00:00

    Ann, I should also note; I attempted your suggestion to open in Safe Mode, but have to pick from 3 options.  Which one do I pick?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments