A family of Microsoft products that enable users to capture, organize, and reuse notes electronically.
Hi Ana,
I'm in the same boat at Doobes .... so awaiting next instruction.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
The syncing between OneNote ap on my Surface tablet and OneNote 2010 has stopped working and I'm receiving the above error code. From what I can ascertain if I create a page in OneNote 2010 it will sync with OneDrive and the OneNote ap. If I create a page in the OneNote ap, it will sync with OneDrive but not with OneNote 2010. Once the syncing error occurs then the syncing between OneNote 2010 and OneDrive also stops and the notebook no longer syncs. I've tried moving the pages from one section to another within the Notebook but problem is still there. It seems that the notebook becomes corrupt.
A family of Microsoft products that enable users to capture, organize, and reuse notes electronically.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Ana,
I'm in the same boat at Doobes .... so awaiting next instruction.
Well, thanks for the message.
Unfortunately it provided little assistance in solving the issue.
Using the "Check for Updates" option in Word 2010 takes me to a page regarding:
"About the Windows 10 Creators Update".
Not exactly helpful.
The suggestions in the other link were worked through to no avail.
I've gone through my machine and deleted all local file copies of onenote files opened recently.
The offending tab section was once again recreated in One Note 2010, with a slightly different name. It's a tab with four pages with lists with check marks. Everything syncs up fine in OneNote 2010.
Next the notebook was opened in Win10 OneNote, one boxed checked , the notebook sync'ed and then Win10 OneNote exited.
Opening OneNote 2010, the section with the changed check box will no longer sync.
So, obviously something is askew.
Looking forward to getting this bug resolved
Hello,
If you have already tried the troubleshooting steps provided on this thread with the same result, let us check if there is an available update for your OneNote application. Detailed steps are provided on this link.
If you're still experiencing sync problems after updating OneNote, click on this link for some other fixes that we can perform. If still the same, please scroll to the end of the page to report your sync issue to the OneNote product team.
Your response regarding this issue is highly appreciated.
Thank you.
This is clearly a bug.
I painstakingly recreated all my pages in OneNote 2010 by copying the text out of OneNote Win10 into a text editor. I then created blank sections in ON2010 and copied the text from my editor and pasted into those sections.
Everything syncs up fine.
I open the notebooks in OneNote Win10 and make some edits, sync up and then close.
ON2010 can no longer load those edits.....
Acknowledge the issue and give us a timeline for when it will be rectified!
Same problem here:
OneNote 2010:
OneNote Windows 10 App:
OneNote online in Chrome:
I've gone through all the recommended "fixes". Copy affected section to another tab, repaired Office installation, etc all to no avail.
I've been using these products together for some time. Something has changed in the last month or so to create this issue.
Can someone please resolve this?
chris