OneNote syncing Error code: 0xE000003D

Anonymous
2017-04-11T01:41:13+00:00

The syncing between  OneNote ap on my Surface tablet and OneNote 2010 has stopped working and I'm receiving the above error code.  From what I can ascertain if I create a page in OneNote 2010 it will sync with OneDrive and the OneNote ap.  If I create a page in the OneNote ap, it will sync with OneDrive but not with OneNote 2010.  Once the syncing error occurs then the syncing between OneNote 2010 and OneDrive also stops and the notebook no longer syncs.  I've tried moving the pages from one section to another within the Notebook but problem is still there. It seems that the notebook becomes corrupt.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-04-21T11:46:55+00:00

    I've done some testing and can consistently reproduce the issue.

    Steps:

    1. Create new notebook using OneNote 2010 in SkyDrive
    2. Change tab name to "Section 1"
    3. Create a list in the page
    4. Apply "ToDo" tags to the list
    5. Sync notebook in OneNote 2010
    6. Close
    7. Open OneNote Windows 10 app
    8. Open the notebook created in Step 1
    9. Check one "ToDo" tag in the list
    10. Sync the notebook in OneNote Windows 10 app
    11. Close OneNote Windows 10 app
    12. Open OneNote 2010
    13. Newly created notebook will no longer sync.

    I'm not interested in spending significant time on the phone trying to resolve this issue or have someone try to sell me Office 365. 

    In another thread about the issue, a user indicated that this seems to have started in the March update to OneNote Windows 10 app.

    Microsoft, please be upfront about this issue.  The error is consistently reproducible.

    The ball is in your court.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-04-21T02:09:57+00:00

    HI Anna,

    The link you provided for call backs did not provide for Australian phone numbers. I started a chat which was a waste of time .... see reference 1382994737. They recommended I call 13 20 58 (Australian number). I followed the prompts and ended up with tech support. The lady there tried to convince me that I can't sync OneNote 2010 without a 365 subscription.  I told her I've been doing this for 4 years.  She also said that I should have support subscription which I don't.  She then put me through to OneNote support. They started asking questions about whether I bought the device as a consumer or business.  I asked how this was relevant to my syncing problem and then he hung up on me  .... All in all a good 30min wasted on the phone going know where.

    So I'm guessing now that we have no solution to this syncing problem and it's probably time I looked at an alternative product.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-04-20T05:07:45+00:00

    Hi Anna,

    Tried to schedule a call today (3pm Sydney time) but your Answer Desk Support office is only open 11pm - 2pm Sydney time.  I must say that it's disappointing such a large organisation does not provide a larger window for Australia.  I've had to reschedule the meeting with my IT Manager as he needs to on the phone with his admin access to my pc.  I will try again on Friday 11am.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-04-19T22:31:30+00:00

    Definitely would want to know this as well.

    To be kind, I would not be pleased if asked to pay to help Microsoft resolve this bug.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-04-19T21:34:09+00:00

    Hi Anna, I just read through the service agreement prior to contacting support, and it looks like I will have to pay in order to get the Answer Desk team's help to solve this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments