OneNote syncing Error code: 0xE000003D

Anonymous
2017-04-11T01:41:13+00:00

The syncing between  OneNote ap on my Surface tablet and OneNote 2010 has stopped working and I'm receiving the above error code.  From what I can ascertain if I create a page in OneNote 2010 it will sync with OneDrive and the OneNote ap.  If I create a page in the OneNote ap, it will sync with OneDrive but not with OneNote 2010.  Once the syncing error occurs then the syncing between OneNote 2010 and OneDrive also stops and the notebook no longer syncs.  I've tried moving the pages from one section to another within the Notebook but problem is still there. It seems that the notebook becomes corrupt.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-04-28T01:52:36+00:00

    We would like to verify the result of your test. Are you still encountering the same issue?

    If it is still the same, we still suggest that you contact our Answer Desk support for an in-depth assistance. Since most of the troubleshooting steps did not work, it now needs to be addressed by our higher support. They will be able to fully isolate what is causing the issue. This is also to make sure that this won't occur again moving forward. To reach them, please click this link.

    Feel free to message us back if you have other concerns.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-04-26T13:00:10+00:00

    Hi Anna,

    FYI, I use OneNote from Office 2013 on Windows 10 (I don't use the OneNote App because it doesn't keep old versions, AFAIK) and OneNote on Windows Phone 8.1, I have not got a problem with either of these at present.

    I have the problem on my work computer using OneNote 2010, so I don't have the access rights to perform the repairor updatefixes.

    I tried the safeboot fix, but it didn't work.

    Since my problem is only with sections of one specific notebook I tried the fix for "sections won't sync". This worked except for one page in one section which I had to manually copy using OneNote Oneline.

    Then I realised.... I did this with OneNote 2010, the version that is having the problems, therefore these copied sections are actually out of date. What I really need to do is copy these sections in OneNote 2013! So, I've got to do it all over again when I get home tonight, then test it again tomorrow morning.

    Even if this works it is a workaround and doesn't address the route cause, so I echo the request from others to fix the bug please.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-04-26T10:27:56+00:00

    Yes, performed the troubleshooting steps.

    Unfortunately it's as Jason states. It's a bug that was introduced in a recent OneNote update. It exists across the board, Win 10 app, Android app, Online app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-04-26T04:14:34+00:00

    The troubleshooting steps are irrelevant.  This is a specific issue of syncing changes made in the Windows 10 UWP app with a OneNote 2010 client via OneDrive.  It can be reproduced at will.

    Jason

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-04-25T20:12:15+00:00

    Hello,

    We understand that you are also having the same OneNote syncing issue. We just want to confirm if you were able to perform the troubleshooting steps provided on this thread? If not, we suggest that you go through the steps and check if it helps resolve the issue.

    Let us know the result so we can check the next course of action.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments