OneNote syncing Error code: 0xE000003D

Anonymous
2017-04-11T01:41:13+00:00

The syncing between  OneNote ap on my Surface tablet and OneNote 2010 has stopped working and I'm receiving the above error code.  From what I can ascertain if I create a page in OneNote 2010 it will sync with OneDrive and the OneNote ap.  If I create a page in the OneNote ap, it will sync with OneDrive but not with OneNote 2010.  Once the syncing error occurs then the syncing between OneNote 2010 and OneDrive also stops and the notebook no longer syncs.  I've tried moving the pages from one section to another within the Notebook but problem is still there. It seems that the notebook becomes corrupt.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-05-04T23:08:33+00:00

    Hello all, I'm an engineer on the OneNote team.  I apologize for all of the confusion here.  In summary:

    • An incompatibility was introduced in the newer apps that created page content that OneNote 2010 could not sync.  Clearing your cache, booting into safe mode, repairing/reinstalling Office is not going to fix this.
    • We've deployed the fix to our sync service to no longer create this incompatible content.
    • Unfortunately, the existing content is already in this broken state.  Now that we've deployed the fix, the workaround is to use one of the newer apps (Web, 2013, 2016, Win10) to create a new copy of these pages which will sync with 2010 again.  I admit this is tedious and far from ideal, but it will get you unblocked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-05-03T20:10:52+00:00

    Thanks for pushing for the solution Doobes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-05-03T19:49:29+00:00

    I provided the original link, and yes I can confirm the problem has been resolved.

    Thanks to Jeff and the remainder of the OneNote team for an amazingly fast resolution to the problem.

    Well done y'all!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-05-03T00:03:33+00:00

    It has been confirmed by one of the engineers of OneNote team that there is an issue with syncing and they are already working on it. They will respond back once a fix is already available. Please check this thread for a follow up.

    Thank you for your patience regarding this matter.

    Re: the thread link Anna Bon provided above, the solution has been found and solved my problem! 

    Thanks all who contributed in searching out a solution.

    Over and out!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-04-30T18:54:24+00:00

    It has been confirmed by one of the engineers of OneNote team that there is an issue with syncing and they are already working on it. They will respond back once a fix is already available. Please check this thread for a follow up.

    Thank you for your patience regarding this matter.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments