OneNote syncing Error code: 0xE000003D

Anonymous
2017-04-11T01:41:13+00:00

The syncing between  OneNote ap on my Surface tablet and OneNote 2010 has stopped working and I'm receiving the above error code.  From what I can ascertain if I create a page in OneNote 2010 it will sync with OneDrive and the OneNote ap.  If I create a page in the OneNote ap, it will sync with OneDrive but not with OneNote 2010.  Once the syncing error occurs then the syncing between OneNote 2010 and OneDrive also stops and the notebook no longer syncs.  I've tried moving the pages from one section to another within the Notebook but problem is still there. It seems that the notebook becomes corrupt.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-04-19T01:40:03+00:00

    This issue requires advance troubleshooting steps. Since we have tried most of the steps but still the issue occurs, we suggest that you contact our Answer Desk support for an in-depth assistance. They will be able to fully identify and check what is causing the issue. This is also to make sure that a resolution will be provided accordingly. To reach them, please click this link.

    Should you have any other concerns, feel free to contact us back.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-04-18T12:57:42+00:00

    Well,

    Sorry you folks are afflicted, but now with others chiming in, perhaps we will get a real answer as to the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-04-18T02:27:57+00:00

    My page will not even load now ...  this is now VERY URGENT as I am unable to work on my main page using OneNote ... .only have access via the ap which I am uncomfortable about.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-04-18T02:10:13+00:00

    Hi Ana,

    I'm in the same boat at Doobes .... so awaiting next instruction.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-04-17T13:20:54+00:00

    Well, thanks for the message.

    Unfortunately it provided little assistance in solving the issue.

    Using the "Check for Updates" option in Word 2010 takes me to a page regarding: 

    "About the Windows 10 Creators Update".

    Not exactly helpful.

    The suggestions in the other link were worked through to no avail.

    I've gone through my machine and deleted all local file copies of onenote files opened recently.

    The offending tab section was once again recreated in One Note 2010, with a slightly different name. It's a tab with four pages with lists with check marks. Everything syncs up fine in OneNote 2010.

    Next the notebook was opened in Win10 OneNote, one boxed checked , the notebook sync'ed and then Win10 OneNote exited.

    Opening OneNote 2010, the section with the changed check box will no longer sync.

    So, obviously something is askew.

    Looking forward to getting this bug resolved

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments