Text in Navigation Pane turns white

Anonymous
2017-01-25T05:16:11+00:00

In Word for Mac 2016, I am getting a weird issue where, after clicking on a heading in Navigation Pane, the text there turns white.  This causes it to blend with the background and to all but disappear.  The screen shot attached shows what I am talking about.  This does not always happen when clicking a heading, but it happens sporadically - and often.  How to fix?  (BTW, this does not happen on my Windows 10 machine)

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-07-21T17:24:48+00:00

Be sure to send feedback to Microsoft whenever you encounter this behavior. Click the Smile button in Word to get your message to Microsoft. This forum's primary audience is other Word users.

As Jim says, this forum is primarily used and supported by users. MS developers rarely pay attention to it.

The feedback option is in the File menu > Feedback command.

But to report problems I think you should use the "Send a Frown" button or the "Send A Suggestion" button. 

Personally, I prefer the suggestion because the "frown" is a black hole. No feedback to you.  The Suggestion takes you to the UserVoice forum. You can copy the link it creates for your "suggstion" so that you canreturn to it and to share with other people with the same problem so that they can comment on your submission and vote for it. That way more of the information about the problem is in one place.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-31T09:55:57+00:00

    Hi BuzzLS,

    Please let us know your updates at your convenience if you need further help.

    Thanks,

    Cliff

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-30T01:49:13+00:00

    Hi BuzzLS,

    Does the issue happen again?

    If the issue happens again, please list the steps about what you do before the issue happens as you customized the affected file and the reproducing steps will help us in narrowing down the issue and confirming your environment for troubleshooting.

    Meanwhile, I’d like you to confirm whether the title and the text of the page have disappeared in the Navigation Pane when you click the heading. If you change heading 1 to heading 2, what’s the outcome?

    Thanks,

    Cliff

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-01-29T23:57:02+00:00

    This has not happened again since I made my original post. It happens sporadically.  I may happen again tonight, or this week.  The only solution I have so far (removing duplicate fonts) doesn't work because I have no duplicate fonts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-01-29T23:55:48+00:00

    Like I said in the original post, this happens when I click the Navigation Pane.  And, sporadically.  I don't what other information you are looking for.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments