Text in Navigation Pane turns white

Anonymous
2017-01-25T05:16:11+00:00

In Word for Mac 2016, I am getting a weird issue where, after clicking on a heading in Navigation Pane, the text there turns white.  This causes it to blend with the background and to all but disappear.  The screen shot attached shows what I am talking about.  This does not always happen when clicking a heading, but it happens sporadically - and often.  How to fix?  (BTW, this does not happen on my Windows 10 machine)

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-07-21T17:24:48+00:00

Be sure to send feedback to Microsoft whenever you encounter this behavior. Click the Smile button in Word to get your message to Microsoft. This forum's primary audience is other Word users.

As Jim says, this forum is primarily used and supported by users. MS developers rarely pay attention to it.

The feedback option is in the File menu > Feedback command.

But to report problems I think you should use the "Send a Frown" button or the "Send A Suggestion" button. 

Personally, I prefer the suggestion because the "frown" is a black hole. No feedback to you.  The Suggestion takes you to the UserVoice forum. You can copy the link it creates for your "suggstion" so that you canreturn to it and to share with other people with the same problem so that they can comment on your submission and vote for it. That way more of the information about the problem is in one place.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-04-14T15:04:39+00:00

    The request was for you to create a new use account / profile on the Mac. Sometimes "corruption" of the Mac user profile has caused problems with Office applications. So a general troubleshooting process on the Mac is to create a new account and see if the problem goes away.

    You can see from Ran's reply, above, that such troubleshooting is no longer necessary, as MS has been able to reproduce the problem themselves.  The reason I decided not to do this at the time was because enough people had already reported the problem that I judged it wasn't specific to my setup.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-04-14T03:06:33+00:00

    Hi Theorist9,

    Yes, I can repro the issue randomly. As the issue occurs randomly and we don’t have a direct way to make it happen, it will take some time for us to identify the root cause. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

    Regards,

    Ran

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-04-13T17:07:08+00:00

    Hi All,

    We have reported the issue to our related team. If there is any update, I will post back to let you know.

    Thanks,

    Ran

    Can you at least tell us if you've been able to reproduce this problem on your own Macs?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-04-10T18:42:04+00:00

    Same problem on 10.12.4, Word 15.32 (170309).

    ....in my case it occurs when I work with a 136 pages document with "Track changes = enabled" mode.

    I don't have Track changes enabled, and I still get the white text.

    Though I am working on an external monitor (Dell P2715Q).    I haven't checked to see if the problem occurs if I use just the MacBook Pro's internal monitor.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments