Text in Navigation Pane turns white

Anonymous
2017-01-25T05:16:11+00:00

In Word for Mac 2016, I am getting a weird issue where, after clicking on a heading in Navigation Pane, the text there turns white.  This causes it to blend with the background and to all but disappear.  The screen shot attached shows what I am talking about.  This does not always happen when clicking a heading, but it happens sporadically - and often.  How to fix?  (BTW, this does not happen on my Windows 10 machine)

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-07-21T17:24:48+00:00

Be sure to send feedback to Microsoft whenever you encounter this behavior. Click the Smile button in Word to get your message to Microsoft. This forum's primary audience is other Word users.

As Jim says, this forum is primarily used and supported by users. MS developers rarely pay attention to it.

The feedback option is in the File menu > Feedback command.

But to report problems I think you should use the "Send a Frown" button or the "Send A Suggestion" button. 

Personally, I prefer the suggestion because the "frown" is a black hole. No feedback to you.  The Suggestion takes you to the UserVoice forum. You can copy the link it creates for your "suggstion" so that you canreturn to it and to share with other people with the same problem so that they can comment on your submission and vote for it. That way more of the information about the problem is in one place.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-05-05T18:08:16+00:00

    The MS employees promised to keep us informed of their progress.  If they managed to fix this bug, and incorporated the fix in the "insider build" (which I'm guessing is the beta/release candidate of the next version), wouldn't they tell us?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Jim G 134.1K Reputation points MVP
    2017-05-05T15:49:18+00:00

    I have an Insider build and would be happy to test a file that you provide. Put an example file on a shared drive such as DropBox or OneDrive and share a link to it. Be sure to remove all personal and confidential information before sharing your file.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-05-03T11:36:05+00:00

    Did anybody get a try to install "insider builds" and check if the problem is solved there?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-05-02T22:42:37+00:00

    This is happening constantly for me.  I'm using Word Mac version 15.33.  It is impossibly annoying and makes life a lot more difficult as I spend 12+ hours a day with Word documents.  The headings as they appear in my document map are almost routinely white.  Document Map used to be my favourite feature and it's now almost useless.  Have you guys been able to make any progress here?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments