Text in Navigation Pane turns white

Anonymous
2017-01-25T05:16:11+00:00

In Word for Mac 2016, I am getting a weird issue where, after clicking on a heading in Navigation Pane, the text there turns white.  This causes it to blend with the background and to all but disappear.  The screen shot attached shows what I am talking about.  This does not always happen when clicking a heading, but it happens sporadically - and often.  How to fix?  (BTW, this does not happen on my Windows 10 machine)

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-07-21T17:24:48+00:00

Be sure to send feedback to Microsoft whenever you encounter this behavior. Click the Smile button in Word to get your message to Microsoft. This forum's primary audience is other Word users.

As Jim says, this forum is primarily used and supported by users. MS developers rarely pay attention to it.

The feedback option is in the File menu > Feedback command.

But to report problems I think you should use the "Send a Frown" button or the "Send A Suggestion" button. 

Personally, I prefer the suggestion because the "frown" is a black hole. No feedback to you.  The Suggestion takes you to the UserVoice forum. You can copy the link it creates for your "suggstion" so that you canreturn to it and to share with other people with the same problem so that they can comment on your submission and vote for it. That way more of the information about the problem is in one place.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-27T10:51:26+00:00

    Hi BuzzLS,

    I’d like you to list the steps about what you do before the issue happens as it will help us in narrowing down the issue and confirming your environment for troubleshooting.

    Thanks,

    Cliff

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-26T05:20:06+00:00

    Cliff -

    Thanks for the reply.  Here are my responses:

    1.  Version 15.30 (170107), Office 365 Subscription.
    2.  I describe the steps in my question.  I have no idea what else you are asking for.
    3.  What do you mean "create a new file to check the outcome"?  This does not happen on just one file.  It happens on multiple files.  By changing the heading type, are you saying to maybe change a Heading 1 to Heading 2 temporarily to see if it goes away?

    Mark

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-01-25T07:43:03+00:00

    Hi BuzzLS,

    To clarify the issue, I’d like you to confirm and provide the following.

    1. Provide a screenshot showing the version information of Word 2016 for Mac via Word>About Word.
    2. List the reproducing steps of the issue you are experiencing.
    3. From the screenshot, it seems to be that the title and the text of the page have disappeared in the Navigation Pane. To confirm if it is related to one specific file, I suggest you create a new file to check the outcome. Moreover, try changing another heading type to see if the issue can go away.

    Thanks,

    Cliff

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments