Text in Navigation Pane turns white

Anonymous
2017-01-25T05:16:11+00:00

In Word for Mac 2016, I am getting a weird issue where, after clicking on a heading in Navigation Pane, the text there turns white.  This causes it to blend with the background and to all but disappear.  The screen shot attached shows what I am talking about.  This does not always happen when clicking a heading, but it happens sporadically - and often.  How to fix?  (BTW, this does not happen on my Windows 10 machine)

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-07-21T17:24:48+00:00

Be sure to send feedback to Microsoft whenever you encounter this behavior. Click the Smile button in Word to get your message to Microsoft. This forum's primary audience is other Word users.

As Jim says, this forum is primarily used and supported by users. MS developers rarely pay attention to it.

The feedback option is in the File menu > Feedback command.

But to report problems I think you should use the "Send a Frown" button or the "Send A Suggestion" button. 

Personally, I prefer the suggestion because the "frown" is a black hole. No feedback to you.  The Suggestion takes you to the UserVoice forum. You can copy the link it creates for your "suggstion" so that you canreturn to it and to share with other people with the same problem so that they can comment on your submission and vote for it. That way more of the information about the problem is in one place.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-02-14T08:06:51+00:00

    Hi Paul,

    Thanks for your updates.

    I’d like to confirm if the issue happens in one specific file. If you do a test in a newly created file, what’s the outcome?

    I have sent you a private message to collect the affected sample file for further investigation. Please provide it via https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/privatemessages/list.

    @BuzzLS, does the issue on your Mac go away now?

    Thanks,

    Cliff

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-02-13T17:51:06+00:00

    Word version: 15.30

    Mac OS Sierra: 10.12.3 (16D32)

    MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)

    Processor: 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5

    I have restarted the computer many times since this issue appeared. It does not make a difference. 

    Many thanks in anticipation of your assistance. 

    Paul

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-02-13T01:54:29+00:00

    Sometimes it happens when I click a heading, but  I'm not sure.  As I mentioned, this happens randomly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-02-12T09:03:42+00:00

    Hi Paul,

    As the issue happens sporadically, we need more information to narrow down the root cause of the issue.

    Please provide us with your Word version as well as your Mac version.

    Additionally, in BuzzLS's case, the Navigation Pane turns white when he clicks on a Heading. I'd like to clarify that in your case, the Navigation Pane turns white regardless of what you do. In this case, does closing and re-opening the Navigation Pane, as well as Word have any effect?

    You can also try to restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

    Regards,

    Sheen

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments