A family of Microsoft products that enable users to capture, organize, and reuse notes electronically.
Looks like they fixed it. My stuff is showing up in the cloud.
Remember to use the auto backup ability if you lost your stuff, here.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi there,
This morning I started to have problems with OneNote 2013. First I got an error saying that one notebook (stored in OneDrive) could not sync: "We're sorry, something went wrong during sync. We'll try again later. (Error code: 0xE4020017)"
The errors were associated to a particular section. Following: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Fix-issues-when-you-can-t-sync-OneNote-299495ef-66d1-448f-90c1-b785a6968d45, I tried to open that notebook in OneNote online. That worked although I could not open the section. Then I copied all the pages in that section to a newly created section. This did not help either. now two sections could not sync. Then I decided so sort the pages in that section and distributed (moved) the pages among various notebooks and sections. Now several of my notebooks cannot sync..... :-(
Finally I decided to close the notebook but now I cannot re-open it. it looks like all the data is still in OneDrive but i cannot sync the notebook to my local OneNote 2013 (windows 8) and also not to my ipad.
This is quite frustrating. anyone with a suggestion/solution to my problems?
Thanks,
Raul
PS: after moving various pages around i ended up with several empty sections. I deleted these sections from various notebooks but these sections keep on re-appearing after a few secs.... :- S
EDIT: I just noticed that there is something wrong with several of my notebook files stored in OneDrive. I wanted to make a back up of my notebooks by copying them to another location in OneDrive but the problematic notebooks cannot be copied... I hope that I did not loose any important file. I would appreciate receiving help from the Microsoft community to fix my issues. Thanks!
A family of Microsoft products that enable users to capture, organize, and reuse notes electronically.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Looks like they fixed it. My stuff is showing up in the cloud.
Remember to use the auto backup ability if you lost your stuff, here.
JenLyles...your data is not lost if the backup is set up (usually by default, I think): read here.
WAIT to use this method until this is fixed. In fact, find the directory and copy the backup folder elsewhere in case your Onenote backup time is coming up.
I'm just happy I'm not the only other person suffering this. I have used OneNote for 6 yrs. It's changed my life.
TODAY is a sad day. It started at 10 am and wouldn't sync.
I uninstalled 2013 and installed 2016. Bad idea. It's all wack.
Luckily on my phone and my ipad it is not synching and I REFUSE to "log in". So I still have my data. I
Microsoft, this is a travesty. Please help US!
Yeah Shawn,
I'm still wanting to use OneNote, because i think it is way better then the other notes Apps on the market. I hope that this problem is fixed fast.
When i contact the Support here on Brazil, MS s stated that this is a Security SW that is on the middle of the syncing process that is breaking everything. I dunno if they told me that just because it was my 8th call to their support and wanted to me settle down for a time or it is true.
Sorry to hear that Silva. I've used Onenote since 2009 and *never* had this problem. Creating new sections and copy and pasting to them fixed any problems that did arise (about once a year). Sometimes it would error out because the notebook or section was too large.
This is new: a server-side problem. You'll find that you cannot open them on the cloud. Hope you didn't pay for this like I did.