Hi everyone having the exact same problem I am having too. I appreciate hearing what others have tried already, even if it didn't work because I too am moving through troubleshooting steps to see what I can do to fix this from the user end. I am currently
on hold with Microsoft Technical Support (via chat) waiting to hear back what I should do. I feel like perhaps walking away and trying again tomorrow, saving my files another way for today. I have noticed some changes are occurring randomly like I am now able
to delete the broken sections. Only 1 page has been deleted, the one I was working on today before it was erased and replaced with an error message.
This is the response I am getting in the chat:
ME: I am also in the online forums and it appears there are a lot of other people having the EXACT same problem I am having
1:50 pm
"...The reasons why you're encountering this problem is you're using OneNote online and OneNote that is preinstalled application."
What I suggest you to use is the OneNote application in the latest version of Office.
1:54 pm
Me
So is everyone who is having the same problem also using online and preinstalled Onenote apps?
1:54 pm
Rose M
There is a possibility. What I suggest you to do use is the OneNote application in Office.
Me: "OK, IF I run into the same problem I will come back here and reference the number you gave me so you'll have it documented because it looks like other people have already tried what you are suggesting and it still is not working, I will share your
answer with them so they know what to do."
2:00 pm
_____________________
I don't know if this will help me or anyone else but its worth looking into