Powerpoint Paste Link from Excel Truncates Spreadsheet

Anonymous
2016-08-17T14:20:41+00:00

Hello,

I am trying to link a Powerpoint Presentation to an Excel spreadsheet.  I have copied a table in Excel into PowerPoint using the Copy Paste Special -> Paste Link feature.  At first, this looks great.  Updates I make to the Excel Spreadsheet automatically update in PowerPoint and all the formatting looks right.

However, after saving, closing, and re-opening the Powerpoint file, the Spreadsheet has been truncated.  It is missing about 1/2 of a column and about 3 rows.  I tried to update the link, and even to delete the table and re-paste the linked spreadsheet, and nothing seems to work.  It doesn't appear to be an issue with the size, because I copied/pasted just a small table (4x2) as a test and it did the same thing.

Does anyone have any ideas for how to solve this?

Thanks,

Alan

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-03-02T17:18:05+00:00

    I got tired of changing the display size for each different monitor that I used.  What seemed to worked for me was turning on the Custom Scale Factor and setting to 100%.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-04-04T18:03:13+00:00

    I am having this exact same issue. When I restart my computer, the issue goes away. But after a day or two, inevitably comes back. Has a solution been found yet? Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-14T17:32:36+00:00

    Same issue.

    No explanation of detailed steps are required.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-10-27T00:55:41+00:00

    Hello Dustin,

    Kindly refer to the thread provided in the link below:

    Copy an Excel chart to another Office program

    Let us know what happens.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-08-18T09:53:04+00:00

    Hi Alan,

    I understand that you are facing issues with linking data from Excel spreadsheet to PowerPoint.

    I suggest you to refer to the following article and check if it helps in resolving your issue:

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Insert-Excel-data-in-PowerPoint-0690708A-5CE6-41B4-923F-11D57554138D

    Please post to us if you need any further assistance and we will assist you.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments