Onenote 2016 compatibility issue with Onenote 2010

Anonymous
2015-10-08T23:37:43+00:00

Help... I'm running desktop version of Onenote (from 365 subscription) on Windows 10 computer in a small office. I recently updated to Onenote 2016, and have hit a major snag/compatibility issue.

My team (3 others) and I rely heavily on Onenote for collaborative projects and access a notebook (Onenote 2010-2016 file format) stored on a central local server.  They are all using Onenote 2010 desktop version on Windows 7 machines.  After updating to Onenote 2016 desktop version, every time I edit a page, it now (on their machines) says the page is corrupted, stops syncing the page on their machines, and prompts them to repair the section. After repairing, duplicate sections are made, and if I edit them, it corrupts it again, starting a vicious cycle.  Although they have issues and get the corruption prompt, my Onenote (2016) doesn't report any problem and I can make changes and operate normally.  Needless to say this has caused some major hair-pulling.  Any ideas?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-04T15:32:44+00:00

    I was told a couple of days ago it is to be fixed on Patch Tuesday in the ticket I have open.   I have also gotten a pre-release and it appears to have corrected the issue, it was DLL file they had to update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-04T15:22:26+00:00

    Hello Denise, ist there a chance to get a fix during next patch day this month?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-01-20T21:30:25+00:00

    Hi everyone.  On behalf of the OneNote team, I want to let you know that we are aware of the sync issue when OneNote 2010 is involved and that we are working on a fix.  Unfortunately I am unable to give you an exact date for its release.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-01-20T14:08:03+00:00

    Thank you for your Feedback.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-01-20T13:09:06+00:00

    They are saying it will be in the February updates.  They stated that they are not going to release it early.  Will post an update once we install the February fixes.

    Thank you

    Troy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments