A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
There is the video that have solved my problem. Should work for you as well.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have a single section document in Word 2013. The first page is a TOC. The document is 4 pages
long and has three Level 1 Heading styles through out the document. The TOC initially appears correct.
When I go to Print Preview the TOC will revert all page numbers to 2.
Changing the Options "Update fields before printing" and "Allow fields containing tracked changes to update before printing" has no effect (before anyone suggests this).
The only solution is to manually update the TOC, save to PDF, and print the PDF.
Anyone can reproduce this problem. Try it....
I have seen many descriptions of this behavior on different forums and not one solution. But I am like the proverbial dog with a bone - I will not let this issue go until MS gives me a solution !
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
There is the video that have solved my problem. Should work for you as well.
Looks like Keith's trick helps by somehow forcing re-pagination, at least that's what Word said it was doing after playing with the views.
Thanks for your help everyone!
Thank you, thank you. I have been having this same issue when I save a docx using Win 10 & Word 2013. Your workaround has put an end to my hair loss.
I've also tried the Ctrl F11 solution and, while that too works, it doesn't allow me to update the TOC without unlocking the field (one too many steps for someone who has more than their fair share of senior moments).
Cheers
Lynn
Happening to me also.
Thank you thank you thank you. Have been trying to print for days with the correct table of contents.