Undo won't work MS Word 365 on Windows 10

Anonymous
2015-09-25T18:25:33+00:00

In the toolbar at the top of Word, the UNDO option no longer works. Save, Redo, and Speak still function properly. Since Windows 10 upgrade, any program I open uses so much memory and CPU, typing and deleting are jerky and slow, so I use undo a lot. What the heck???

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-01-14T16:27:05+00:00

    My problem is with Win 7 and Office 2016. It would appear that MS is gradually eliminating keystroke shortcuts in favor of on screen touches. All this to sell new computers with touch screens. 

    The shortcuts are far simpler and faster than dropping the mouse and touching the screen. It is hard to see how any serious user would happily give up the speed of keystrokes in favor of a touch screen. Serious writing and programming requires simple input. Many of us use our computers as tools, not toys.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-06T21:30:37+00:00

    I spent most of the day working on this. I now believe that MS has changed the game. I ran check dsk, nothing found. Ran full malwarebytes scan, nothing serious found. Uninstalled Office 365. Installed Office 365. Situation is exactly the same as reported before. However, I now notice a left-facing-worm icon on the bottom of the ribbon. Clicking on the worm a drop down menu has choices on what to do. (Looks exactly like the function in Libre Office.)  I see no reason to take any more of your time. It is not worth it. I can live with Alt z for undo.

    Thank you for being very thorough and patient.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2016-01-06T20:45:56+00:00

    I am pretty sure I've laid all blame at the feet of Windows 10 and its incompatibility with the family of Microsoft products. Sad, sad, sad when kissing cousins can't get along and try to kill each other.

    I solved the problem by purchasing another laptop with Windows 8 and rejecting all invitations to 10 on it. 

    There have been several problems with Office 2016; there is no doubt about that. Problems with Undo isn't anything that everybody experiences, though.

    Thanks for the follow-up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-01-06T13:34:50+00:00

    I am pretty sure I've laid all blame at the feet of Windows 10 and its incompatibility with the family of Microsoft products. Sad, sad, sad when kissing cousins can't get along and try to kill each other.

    I solved the problem by purchasing another laptop with Windows 8 and rejecting all invitations to 10 on it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-01-06T13:30:03+00:00

    I hate to say this, but my fix included scouring the market for a laptop with Windows 8 and installing Office 365. The invitations to upload 10 are promptly ignored and will be until Microsoft fixes the bugs and glitches. 

    No matter what I tried, I could NOT get Windows 10 and Office 365 or Word 2016 to play nice together. I can't begin to tell you how many hours of work and how many dollars of income I lost. Until I was able to replace my laptop, I resorted to using Google Docs. *shivers*

    I've heard once you go Mac, you never go back. I may be testing that theory in the near future.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments