Can't use Office when no internet is available

Anonymous
2015-10-22T05:14:46+00:00

I have a student license (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***), and everytime I want to use anything like Word, it asks me to '...Activate Office if you've already bought it'. This is really frustrating since there are many areas in my university that dont have internet. How can I solve this?

Private Information Masked by Moderator, Thanks for Your Understanding.

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-30T00:39:55+00:00

    I've got the same problem. It simply won't work unless I am constantly connected to the Internet. I have raised this in these forums before but that discussion is now marked as "solved" and it most certainly is not. It is completely unuusable!

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-29T06:44:01+00:00

    I know that I can connect to the internet and activate it. The probelm is that I have to activate it EVERY time I restart my computer, and sometimes I don't have internet access, and I can't edit my documents. For example, yesterday I had to activate it, and now today it is asking me to activate it once again, and I had no internet access, so I couldn't do anything. This is extremely frustrating. Any tips on how to solve this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-22T09:09:16+00:00

    Hi Eric,

    To get Office fully functional again, we need to connect to the Internet and let the Activation and Validation Service reactivate the installation.

    As part of the installation process, Office 365 ProPlus communicates with the Office Licensing Service and the Activation and Validation Service to obtain and activate a product key.

    Each time we log on to our computer, the computer connects to the Activation and Validation Service to verify the license status and extend the product key (This process requires Internet connection). As long as the computer can connect to the Internet at least once every 30 days, Office remains fully functional. If the computer goes offline for more than 30 days, Office enters reduced functionality mode until the next time a connection can be made.

    For your reference: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg982959.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

    Best Regards,

    James

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments