Can't use Office when no internet is available

Anonymous
2015-10-22T05:14:46+00:00

I have a student license (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***), and everytime I want to use anything like Word, it asks me to '...Activate Office if you've already bought it'. This is really frustrating since there are many areas in my university that dont have internet. How can I solve this?

Private Information Masked by Moderator, Thanks for Your Understanding.

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-31T18:39:55+00:00

    Hi - I have uploaded what I can and also sent you the PUID. However, my college has decided to withdraw telephone AND email IT support from students!!!!  and so I am unable to provide you with the tenant info that you asked for. I am in the process of escalating this absurd issue to college management.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-31T15:23:46+00:00

    Hi Eric,

    You may reach out to the person who gives the account to you and see if you can contact the tenant administrator of the school. Additionally, you may try the self-service password reset tool to reset your password. If the admin hasn't enabled self-service resets, use this tool to send a new password request to your workplace technical support. The information required above is important for us to move forward.

    Thanks,

    Jerry

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-31T13:53:55+00:00

    How am I supposed to know who that is? this is just a student license that was provided by my university.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-10-30T14:30:24+00:00

    Hi Eric,

    Thanks for the logs that you have sent through via Private Message. However, we still need to collect the information of the item #4 to #7 in the private message to move forward. If you are not a tenant administrator, I would suggest that your share this thread to your administrator and respond with the required information. Regarding the item #4. If you forget the password of the login account, please contact the tenant administrator to reset password for you.

    @Adam, appreciate if you can help to provide the requested information via Private Message in order for us to escalate this to the Engineering team. If you are not a tenant administrator, I would suggest that your share this thread to your administrator and respond with the required information.

    Regards,

    Jerry

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-10-30T02:11:21+00:00

    Hi Eric and Adam,

    We need tenant information and the related log files from you so we can escalate this issue to our related team. If you are not a tenant administrator either check with your workplace/school tech support team for updates on the status of your service or have them engage with us on this thread. Would tenant administrators please contact me via Private Messages to provide this information via https://community.office365.com/user/conversations?

    Thanks,

    Lingyu Sun

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments