Can't use Office when no internet is available

Anonymous
2015-10-22T05:14:46+00:00

I have a student license (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***), and everytime I want to use anything like Word, it asks me to '...Activate Office if you've already bought it'. This is really frustrating since there are many areas in my university that dont have internet. How can I solve this?

Private Information Masked by Moderator, Thanks for Your Understanding.

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-03T07:57:09+00:00

    Exact same problem here.

    This can't be related to my university's service provider.

    Please, we need a fix!

    Francesco

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-03T05:59:11+00:00

    I have the very same problem.

    Office 365 (2016) and mac os x latest version.

    Word asks for activation while offline (everytime, even without restarting the mac). When I go online, I just need to click Activate and it does it automatically, no need to type username and password.

    Thank you,

    Marco.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-01T08:32:39+00:00

    Hi Adam,

    Let us know when you have any update.

    Best Regards,

    Eric Yang

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-01T04:42:06+00:00

    I'll try but not holding my breath... ;-(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-10-31T21:55:47+00:00

    Hi Adam,

    Thanks for your update.

    In order to investigate the issue, you can also involve your college management into this thread. We'd like to try our best to work with them to figure out the issue.

    Your effort and cooperation are highly appreciated.

    Best regards,

    Mills

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments