Can't use Office when no internet is available

Anonymous
2015-10-22T05:14:46+00:00

I have a student license (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***), and everytime I want to use anything like Word, it asks me to '...Activate Office if you've already bought it'. This is really frustrating since there are many areas in my university that dont have internet. How can I solve this?

Private Information Masked by Moderator, Thanks for Your Understanding.

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-06T08:45:31+00:00

    I am having the exact same problem on El Capitan with office 2016.  I work while commuting on a train, and this issue has forced me to switch to Latex for much of my basic word processing.  Microsoft should be able to deliver better.  I should not have to resort to a free, low-level typesetting system in lieu of using my paid-for world-class office software.  Makes one wonder if the monthly fee is worth it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-06T01:22:38+00:00

    Hi AmbroiseD,

    Our engineer team is still working on the issue. we suggest you subscribe to this thread for any updates on this issue.

    Thanks,

    Frank

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-05T22:53:24+00:00

    Hi,

    I have Office 365, and I have exactly the same problem since i upgraded to Office 2016. I didn't have the issue with the previous version of office. I am on El Capitan. I hope you find a fix soon.

    Thanks,

    Ambroise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-05T04:18:43+00:00

    Hi Gert,

    The related team is currently working on the issue. We will post updates here once there’s any progress. If further logs and information are required, we’ll let you know. Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

    Lingyu Sun

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-11-05T00:51:01+00:00

    Hi LingYu

    We have the exact same problem, that office is not working when offline. How do I get the tenant information and log files so I can send it to you. We would like to solve this problem as soon as possible as some of our employees works in the field a lot.

    Thanks

    Gert

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments