Can't use Office when no internet is available

Anonymous
2015-10-22T05:14:46+00:00

I have a student license (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***), and everytime I want to use anything like Word, it asks me to '...Activate Office if you've already bought it'. This is really frustrating since there are many areas in my university that dont have internet. How can I solve this?

Private Information Masked by Moderator, Thanks for Your Understanding.

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-07T05:14:05+00:00

    Hi Brianna,

    Our engineering team is still working on it. We will share the solution here. It is suggested you subscribe to this thread for any updates on this issue.

    Thanks for your understanding.

    Best Regards,

    Vincent

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-06T21:51:38+00:00

    Eric is right, this is ridiculous. 99% of the time I need to edit documents when I don't have an internet connection. I am a student and that means studying and writing anywhere I can. This is utterly infuriating that I paid for a product that I can't ever use. When will this problem be fixed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-06T16:05:29+00:00

    Hi Roger,

    We'd all hoped that the issue can be resolved soon. Since the issue is a little complex, it needs some time to be fixed.

    We highly appreciate your understanding for this.

    We will post the resolution here once we have got the fix.

    Thanks,

    Iris

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-06T14:32:28+00:00

    Dear Iris

    Same problem here and again I cannot understand why a solution to the problem is taking so long. I am using El Capitan with Office 2016 and it is requiring continual activation. If there is no internet connection, the office suite is rendered useless. Can all the people in this thread please have a timeline on when the problem will be rectified considering how long this thread has been open.

    Thanks

    Roger

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-11-06T11:50:57+00:00

    Hi Eric,

    We can fully understand your feelings.

    For the issue, our engineering team is still working on it. We will share the solution here.

    We highly appreciate your understanding.

    Thanks,

    Iris

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments