Can't use Office when no internet is available

Anonymous
2015-10-22T05:14:46+00:00

I have a student license (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***), and everytime I want to use anything like Word, it asks me to '...Activate Office if you've already bought it'. This is really frustrating since there are many areas in my university that dont have internet. How can I solve this?

Private Information Masked by Moderator, Thanks for Your Understanding.

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-16T16:24:56+00:00

    Hey team - I'd guess most folks aren't able to access the "update" via their outlook software if it's FIRST requiring activitation (that we can't do).

    That said ... I was finally able to deactivate, and completely uninstall my previous copy - and successfully reinstall office 365 locally - with 15.16 (151105) - and YES ... it does appear to have finally fixed the issue.  I even took my machine offline several times just to check - and had no problems.

    Thank you for sticking with this ... it was definitely becoming a significant problem.  No more of those Microsoft ;o) ;o)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-16T06:14:54+00:00

    Hi Everyone,

    Please let me if you have upgraded to the latest version 15.16 (151105). I received an update that the release fixed this issue.

    Thanks,

    Chee Loon

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-16T00:43:35+00:00

    worthy attempt... didn't help on my end though.  thanks for the try :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-12T23:47:17+00:00

    try this. i am still testing but it partially worked. i am still testing the result to confirm.

    go to your mac's system preferences and open language & region.

    in those settings your calendar is probably set to gregorian:

    ![](http://fud.community.services.support.microsoft.com/Fud/FileDownloadHandler.ashx?fid=acee3dec-8326-4180-9752-cf62a9da6572)

    change this to buddhist, then close the preferences panel. repeat and change back to gregorian.

    one i did this when i relaunched an office application whilst disconnected i got a different dialogue box:

    ![](http://fud.community.services.support.microsoft.com/Fud/FileDownloadHandler.ashx?fid=975f5538-3794-4770-9cdb-877d38c8887a)

    but i was still able to edit the document. i don't know how long that will persist as i've only just tested it. fingers crossed it stays active.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-11-10T16:11:54+00:00

    It has happened to me today when I was at university. Could you sort it out again, please?

    Many thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments