Can't use Office when no internet is available

Anonymous
2015-10-22T05:14:46+00:00

I have a student license (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***), and everytime I want to use anything like Word, it asks me to '...Activate Office if you've already bought it'. This is really frustrating since there are many areas in my university that dont have internet. How can I solve this?

Private Information Masked by Moderator, Thanks for Your Understanding.

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-01-22T07:04:43+00:00

    Hey, I have so issues with the internet license check also.

    When I'm at home with internet connection, it works fine, when I'm at the office, is asking me to check the license but seems to be blocked on the network with the consequence I can't use my Office 365 tool...

    If I unplug the network cable, it works just fine again, but when I plug the cable, I go back with this license check blocking issue...

    It's probably linked to the office firewall configuration, BUT is the Office product supposed to block me because of network issues?????  For me Office should detect the network issue and just work offline... (at least for 30 days)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-28T03:10:58+00:00

    I'm having the same problems. And the Microsoft support said that this will be reported to software development team. Still don't find solution for this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-16T16:40:43+00:00

    With update to 15.16 seems to work. But now word can open only one document. Opening the second document takes to crash :-(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments