Outlook for Mac 2016 won't sync 365 Calendar and Contacts

Anonymous
2015-03-18T20:39:47+00:00

I've installed the beta on my iMac and my MacPro.  Everything works great on my MacPro with syncing my contact and calendar from 365, even syncs well on my iPhone.  But no matter what I try to do Outlook will not sync my calendar and contacts from 365.  It will sync my mail but that's it.

From all outward appearances the settings are the same.  I've uninstalled the beta, removed the Outlook data from Library, etc., reinstalled and the same situation.

Any idea why it won't sync on two Macs at the same time?

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-30T06:10:55+00:00

    I'm not sure if this will help anyone but here's my solution to my 'contact problem'.

    I've got Microsoft Outlook for Mac (version 15.16). I was unsuccessful in finding a way to sync my Mac contacts with Outlook, so here's my work around. All of my Outlook contacts were the current, most up to date versions of all of my contacts collectively.

    • I went to the bottom tab 'People' inside Outlook to view my contacts and then Apple-A to select all of the contacts.
    • Right click on the first contact and select 'Forward as Vcard'. This will take you to a message window within your email and all of these contacts will appear as their own contact v-card files and placed as 'attachments' inside an email message. 
    • Email yourself. Copy all V-cards to a select folder destination. 
    • Since all of my contacts on Outlook were the updated/current contact information for each person, I just deleted all of the out-dated contacts I had within my Mac Contacts folder first, and then dragged the new (V-cards) to my Contacts screen. It asked me if I wanted to add all of these..I said yes. Done.

    This was my work around at least for now until I find a better way!

    I hope this helps,

    Brandon

    www.rocketlandphoto.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-04-25T18:31:11+00:00

    Hello,

    One of my email addresses was recently updated by Microsoft to an "Exchange/Office 365 Account".  It was my understanding that with this option I would be able to sync my contacts and calendars with outlook.com.  Even though I remove the account from Microsoft Outlook for Mac and re-added it as as "Exchange/Office 365 Account", there is still no syncronization.  I am now seeing a separate contacts and calendar (separate from On My Computer) for this email address and a "Skype Contacts" folder, but not "my Contacts" from outlook.com.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-04-29T17:22:19+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-12T17:33:47+00:00

    The top of the page says the table applies to Outlook 2011. Maybe Outlook 2016 is different?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-07-13T13:07:06+00:00

    Does anyone know, if Microsoft resp. Apple intent to resolve the sync issue with outlook.com calendar and contacts entries for Outlook for Mac 2016? Any light at the end of the tunnel?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments