Outlook for Mac 2016 won't sync 365 Calendar and Contacts

Anonymous
2015-03-18T20:39:47+00:00

I've installed the beta on my iMac and my MacPro.  Everything works great on my MacPro with syncing my contact and calendar from 365, even syncs well on my iPhone.  But no matter what I try to do Outlook will not sync my calendar and contacts from 365.  It will sync my mail but that's it.

From all outward appearances the settings are the same.  I've uninstalled the beta, removed the Outlook data from Library, etc., reinstalled and the same situation.

Any idea why it won't sync on two Macs at the same time?

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-07T04:30:14+00:00

    Indeed, it seems almost as a joke. This lives me no other option then to continue using gmail, I was going to migrate because of the space but is a bad idea.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-13T05:28:40+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-15T21:50:44+00:00

    I have a Office 365 Home account, but I can't sync Outlook 2016 with Office 365. What I do in the Mac, die in the Mac. On my cell phone it works great.

    Office 365 Home is NOT office 365 mail, your on outlook.com which is not fully supported on mac. (Outlook for Mac does not currently support CalDAV or CardDAV.) This means notes, calendar, contacts etc will not work. the only thing you have is mail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-21T13:53:46+00:00

    its a joke, that because use 2 macs and 2 PC's I can't have the same calendar and contacts across all 4 devices. 

    I now back using Apple mail and using the Outlook.com calendar on my browser. Which kinda sucks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-11-21T14:13:37+00:00

    its a joke, that because use 2 macs and 2 PC's I can't have the same calendar and contacts across all 4 devices. 

    I now back using Apple mail and using the Outlook.com calendar on my browser. Which kinda sucks

    I did that for a day before i gave in, VMware Fusion, Windows + office installed and now i just use unity.

    Now its like my outlook is on the mac but really being launched within the VM. Works a charm

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments