Outlook for Mac 2016 won't sync 365 Calendar and Contacts

Anonymous
2015-03-18T20:39:47+00:00

I've installed the beta on my iMac and my MacPro.  Everything works great on my MacPro with syncing my contact and calendar from 365, even syncs well on my iPhone.  But no matter what I try to do Outlook will not sync my calendar and contacts from 365.  It will sync my mail but that's it.

From all outward appearances the settings are the same.  I've uninstalled the beta, removed the Outlook data from Library, etc., reinstalled and the same situation.

Any idea why it won't sync on two Macs at the same time?

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-23T19:29:27+00:00

    I'm not sure I understand why it will sync with your MacPro and not your iMac. I have an iMac and MacAir and it doesn't contacts and calendar doesn't sync with either one. It's very frustrating, and also causes problems with the Fantasical2 Calendar App I use. I wish Microsoft would provide a work around for this problem or fix it. Using Exchange is not an option for me as my computer is used for work at home. 

    Barry Heath

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-24T12:19:30+00:00

    I was wrong.   I thought it was syncing with my Mac Pro but it wasn't.  Neither the of my Macs were syncing calendar or contacts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-24T15:26:27+00:00

    Thanks for the reply. I am having the same problem with both my macs (iMac and MacAir). I am also having problems with my MSN mail not syncing between computers. If I delete or move an email to a folder on one computer, it won't affect my email on the other computer. So I have to perform the same actions on that computer. From what I can tell on this discussion board the problem is that Outlook 2016 for Mac is no longer able to sync to Outlook.com on a Mac computer. they say it will still sync on mobile, but I've been having problems there too. Let me know if you come up with any work a rounds for this problem. 

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-24T16:44:20+00:00

    As you have configured your account as an IMAP this protocol will not sync your calendar and contacts. You need to configure your account as an Exchange account and this will sync all your emails / contacts and calendar.

    Though this link talks about Outlook 2011 but the steps will work for Outlook for Mac 2016 too

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Set-up-email-in-Outlook-for-Mac-2011-d7b404a0-6e18-4d95-bed8-2de7661563ca

    Thanks,

    Pawan Kapoor

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-04-24T17:31:17+00:00

    Unfortunately these steps didn't work. I received the message: The Exchange accountant be added. Note that outlook can only connect to mailboxes on Exchange server 2010 SP2 or later. I then have a blank that asks for the server address which I'm not sure what it is. BTW, this is a home computer, so I'm not sure that I can use an Exchange account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments