Outlook for Mac 2016 won't sync 365 Calendar and Contacts

Anonymous
2015-03-18T20:39:47+00:00

I've installed the beta on my iMac and my MacPro.  Everything works great on my MacPro with syncing my contact and calendar from 365, even syncs well on my iPhone.  But no matter what I try to do Outlook will not sync my calendar and contacts from 365.  It will sync my mail but that's it.

From all outward appearances the settings are the same.  I've uninstalled the beta, removed the Outlook data from Library, etc., reinstalled and the same situation.

Any idea why it won't sync on two Macs at the same time?

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-19T01:00:49+00:00

    How is the account configured in Outlook 2016, is it as exchange or IMAP?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-19T01:13:42+00:00

    All are configured as IMAP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-26T14:38:22+00:00

    Why is it that the iPhone app will sync my calendar and contacts from Office365 but the desktop version (beta) won't?  

    This is stupid.  If the final release is this way then I'll cancel my Office 365 subscription and just use the native Mac apps instead.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-03-26T14:45:24+00:00

    What level of Office 365 do you have?

    Are you talking about a regular Outlook.com account or a full Exchange

    enabled account?

    If it's Outlook.com, then you're out of luck. The protocol needed to

    support contact and event syncing is not supported in Outlook. The

    iPhone can tap into it through ActiveSync (which is restricted to

    mobile devices), but the desktop version of Outlook cannot.

    If you have a full Exchange-enabled account, then all you need is to

    configure your account as an Exchange account instead of IMAP.

    Corentin

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-04-22T15:30:24+00:00

    I have a Office 365 Home account, but I can't sync Outlook 2016 with Office 365. What I do in the Mac, die in the Mac. On my cell phone it works great.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments