Outlook for Mac 2016 won't sync 365 Calendar and Contacts

Anonymous
2015-03-18T20:39:47+00:00

I've installed the beta on my iMac and my MacPro.  Everything works great on my MacPro with syncing my contact and calendar from 365, even syncs well on my iPhone.  But no matter what I try to do Outlook will not sync my calendar and contacts from 365.  It will sync my mail but that's it.

From all outward appearances the settings are the same.  I've uninstalled the beta, removed the Outlook data from Library, etc., reinstalled and the same situation.

Any idea why it won't sync on two Macs at the same time?

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-02T03:37:30+00:00

    You mean its not supported in Outlook 2016 desktop for mac. It sure works fine for Outlook 2013 desktop for the PC. Is this what you meant to say. Any idea why it is this way? Will it be fixed? Makes me want to go back to my PC-windows set up.

    It won't sync on OSX.  Has something to do with Apple not allowing it.  See earlier in this thread for explanation.  

    The iphone versions of Office will sync as that is allowed by Apple.

    The pits but that's how it will work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-02T02:43:51+00:00

    You mean its not supported in Outlook 2016 desktop for mac. It sure works fine for Outlook 2013 desktop for the PC. Is this what you meant to say. Any idea why it is this way? Will it be fixed? Makes me want to go back to my PC-windows set up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-06-02T02:37:31+00:00

    Am i getting this right? I had a Windows 7 OS running on a mac, an iPad, and a windows phone 8.0.  My email account is with outlook.com. On my laptop i have desktop Outlook 2013. I subscribe to Office 365 Home.

    My email, people lists, calendar, tasks all synchronise between each other flawlessly as well as files on my OneDrive. If i create a new calendar in one place then it shows up on all the other devices, if i change a date in the calendar, or get an email or change information in the people contacts the information synchronises to all the other devices and it all happens pretty quickly. If i change storage folders in email or move files around they all synchronise to all the other devices and platforms. Even pictures i take in my windows phone show up in the desktop OneDrive folder as well as the on-line OneDrive within minutes.

    I have now switched over to an iPhone 6, and a mac mini but still with the same HomeOffice 365 subscription. Are you now telling me that all this stuff that worked before on the PC between all devices and platforms will not work with Outlook 365 running on a mac unless i run Office 365 for business? Why the difference? Am i missing something.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-05-29T02:13:44+00:00

    Why is it that the iPhone app will sync my calendar and contacts from Office365 but the desktop version (beta) won't?  

    This is stupid.  If the final release is this way then I'll cancel my Office 365 subscription and just use the native Mac apps instead.

    I am having the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-04-24T17:31:17+00:00

    Unfortunately these steps didn't work. I received the message: The Exchange accountant be added. Note that outlook can only connect to mailboxes on Exchange server 2010 SP2 or later. I then have a blank that asks for the server address which I'm not sure what it is. BTW, this is a home computer, so I'm not sure that I can use an Exchange account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments