Outlook for Mac 2016 won't sync 365 Calendar and Contacts

Anonymous
2015-03-18T20:39:47+00:00

I've installed the beta on my iMac and my MacPro.  Everything works great on my MacPro with syncing my contact and calendar from 365, even syncs well on my iPhone.  But no matter what I try to do Outlook will not sync my calendar and contacts from 365.  It will sync my mail but that's it.

From all outward appearances the settings are the same.  I've uninstalled the beta, removed the Outlook data from Library, etc., reinstalled and the same situation.

Any idea why it won't sync on two Macs at the same time?

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-04-28T15:08:41+00:00

    I found a solution that worked for me, hopefully it works for you too. I deselected contacts and calendar on my original office 365 Exchange integration. Then I created another Exchange integration (same credentials) and selected only calendar and contacts. After about 10mins, all my Outlook calendar items showed up in my Mac calendar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-03-13T15:05:53+00:00

    I'm having exactly the same problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-02-28T20:03:54+00:00

    I found a Workaround... the condition is to make a meeting with someone who can sinc  the calendar and that person should re-send the invitation to you. 

    Greetings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-11-27T21:23:35+00:00

    No, that link only applies to Mac Office 2011.  No help with Office 2016 for Mac

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-10-14T12:59:35+00:00

    From what I'm reading, there isn't a simple solution for my issue: 

    I am running Outlook 2016 for Mac through an Office 365 for Business subscription.  The Mac is now my work computer (a public school district).  It replaced my windows laptop running local versions of Office.  Working with OneDrive, I can access and edit files from any platform.  However, I cannot seem to sync my 365 contacts with the Mac version of Outlook.  To access my contacts, I have to use the web interface.  Am I missing something?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments