Outlook for Mac 2016 won't sync 365 Calendar and Contacts

Anonymous
2015-03-18T20:39:47+00:00

I've installed the beta on my iMac and my MacPro.  Everything works great on my MacPro with syncing my contact and calendar from 365, even syncs well on my iPhone.  But no matter what I try to do Outlook will not sync my calendar and contacts from 365.  It will sync my mail but that's it.

From all outward appearances the settings are the same.  I've uninstalled the beta, removed the Outlook data from Library, etc., reinstalled and the same situation.

Any idea why it won't sync on two Macs at the same time?

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-23T06:14:55+00:00

    Add an Exchange account deselecting "configure automatically".  It won't work.  Now, add another account, this time it should prompt you for your email address. 

    Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-06T22:48:32+00:00

    I have the same issue, and outrage.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-11T21:27:59+00:00

    Yes, I finally figured out the same.  I now use outlook (Mac) for email, but keep all of my contacts and calendar items in the Mac software.  Was hoping they will update to do this sometime, but to tell you the truth it seems to be working out ok.  Mac iOS calendar is pretty good at picking up events from email and other things it seems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-11T13:24:54+00:00

    My issue is with contacts.  I have numerous contact groups inn 365.  They sink to my Windows laptop Outlook client, but not the Mac.  I've heard it's simply not a supported feature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-10-10T21:10:45+00:00

    Thank you.

    Upgrading from a previous version of Office leaves the e-mail configuration as SMTP and no calendar integration.  Remove your hotmail.com account and add it again to fix the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments