Outlook for Mac 2016 won't sync 365 Calendar and Contacts

Anonymous
2015-03-18T20:39:47+00:00

I've installed the beta on my iMac and my MacPro.  Everything works great on my MacPro with syncing my contact and calendar from 365, even syncs well on my iPhone.  But no matter what I try to do Outlook will not sync my calendar and contacts from 365.  It will sync my mail but that's it.

From all outward appearances the settings are the same.  I've uninstalled the beta, removed the Outlook data from Library, etc., reinstalled and the same situation.

Any idea why it won't sync on two Macs at the same time?

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-02T02:37:31+00:00

    Am i getting this right? I had a Windows 7 OS running on a mac, an iPad, and a windows phone 8.0.  My email account is with outlook.com. On my laptop i have desktop Outlook 2013. I subscribe to Office 365 Home.

    My email, people lists, calendar, tasks all synchronise between each other flawlessly as well as files on my OneDrive. If i create a new calendar in one place then it shows up on all the other devices, if i change a date in the calendar, or get an email or change information in the people contacts the information synchronises to all the other devices and it all happens pretty quickly. If i change storage folders in email or move files around they all synchronise to all the other devices and platforms. Even pictures i take in my windows phone show up in the desktop OneDrive folder as well as the on-line OneDrive within minutes.

    I have now switched over to an iPhone 6, and a mac mini but still with the same HomeOffice 365 subscription. Are you now telling me that all this stuff that worked before on the PC between all devices and platforms will not work with Outlook 365 running on a mac unless i run Office 365 for business? Why the difference? Am i missing something.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-23T19:29:27+00:00

    I'm not sure I understand why it will sync with your MacPro and not your iMac. I have an iMac and MacAir and it doesn't contacts and calendar doesn't sync with either one. It's very frustrating, and also causes problems with the Fantasical2 Calendar App I use. I wish Microsoft would provide a work around for this problem or fix it. Using Exchange is not an option for me as my computer is used for work at home. 

    Barry Heath

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-26T14:45:24+00:00

    What level of Office 365 do you have?

    Are you talking about a regular Outlook.com account or a full Exchange

    enabled account?

    If it's Outlook.com, then you're out of luck. The protocol needed to

    support contact and event syncing is not supported in Outlook. The

    iPhone can tap into it through ActiveSync (which is restricted to

    mobile devices), but the desktop version of Outlook cannot.

    If you have a full Exchange-enabled account, then all you need is to

    configure your account as an Exchange account instead of IMAP.

    Corentin

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-10-06T14:39:55+00:00

    I had the same problem and I think I found a quick solution.  I can't guarantee it will work for everyone, but it worked for me.  I selected the Tools tab (where it says Home / Organize / Tools at the top-left of the Outlook window) and then I clicked to switch from Online to Offline, then I clicked again to switch back to Online and that fixed the problem for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-10-07T03:29:56+00:00

    This solution DOES NOT work with Outlook.com because it is NOT an exchange server. Please provide the proper information for an office365 subscription (if there is any at all).

    Same situation, OSX running outlook 2016 with home 365, not been able to sync any contact nor calender from the same outlook web account. Happens as well with gmail accounts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments