Hi All
I am using Word as part of Office 365 on my MacBook at home and using Word 2016 for Mac at work. I am having a version of the issue reported above where I can see some of the deletions that other reviewers have made to a word document but not all of them.
I have tried all of the fixed recommended in this thread but it is not helping to show all of the deletions. Interestingly, my colleague at work is reporting the same issue. It is particularly frustrating because we are the only 2 at work using Macs and
everyone who is a Windows machine does not have this issue.
This partial rendering of deletions is particularly worrisome.
Any suggestions why Word for Mac is having issues.
Thanks
My suggestion will not help you. My suggestion is that it is because Word for the Mac is inferior to Word for Windows. I will not speculate as to reasons.
I would suggest posting a separate question because your problem is only tangentially related to the subject of this thread. By identifying it as a Mac issue, you will get more response from those who work with the Mac. In the meantime, I would suggest that
only those who are operating in Windows accept all changes on your documents.
I would note that I have no recent experience with Macintosh computers (which I loved). I believe that the Word development team for the Mac has been working hard to bring the Mac version up to or ahead of the Windows version. Word was originally written for the Mac and ported to PC-DOS and then Windows. It currently lacks some of the features that have been a part of Word for Windows since Word 2007.
Based on the posts in the Word Answers forum, the Mac version seems to have a disproportionate number of problems.