A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Fixed in insider build 17040. Now we just have to wait for it to be passed into the main release.
See the link below:
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
If two (or more) instances of Excel are open, and one of them has the focus, when hovering the second one, scrolling is still applied to the first one. We need to steal focus from the first window of Excel and then scroll the second.
This seems like a bug and can be reproduced easily (more easily with two monitors).
Lets say you have two windows of Excel open : A and B.
You're working on A but you need to read B. hover your mouse over Excel B, scroll... the scrolling occurs in A ! You must click on B, scroll, then return on A.
Now, with focus on A, open another application (let's say Word), and, of course, set the focus to the newly open app. Be sure to see Excel A and B. Hover your mouse over B, scroll... Scrolling still happens on A.
This does not happen with Word or Outlook. If you open 2 windows of Word, the scroll occurs in the one that is hovered, as expected.
I don't think there's a solution, this is a bug and should be adressed by Microsoft.
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Fixed in insider build 17040. Now we just have to wait for it to be passed into the main release.
See the link below:
It doesnt appear to only be between excel windows.
In Windows10 with "scroll inactive windows" enabled, if Excel is the active window it effectively cancels this setting out. If I scroll in IE with Excel as the selected window, it scrolls in Excel.
It can be very frustrating because I keep forgetting that Excel breaks the "scroll inactive windows" setting and it would be preferable if Excel worked with this setting the same as every other program.
Edit: I am using Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, most recent updates applied as of this post. I am using Excel 2016 with all available updates applied.
I have exactly the same problem.
EXCEL disables the "Scroll Inactive Window" option
The option works perfectly well with Word, Outloog, Chrome, and a host of other programs, so it's definitely an EXCEL problem.
This only happended in the last update ie at the end of October although I was on holiday from mid-Sept to mid-Oct so maybe it's the Sept update.
Windows 10 64-bit, build 14393.351
Excel 2016 MSO (16.0.7329.1017) 32-bit
I agree, and it was working fine two weeks ago. I believe the latest set of microsoft updates broke it.
What you describe seems even worse than before.
I'm still on Windows 10 1511 (build 10586.633) and having an Excel window active does not prevent me to scroll in Outlook / Word / Firefox....
Microsoft PLEASE FIX THIS.