First thanks to @pisteger for your posting of the KB-number.
I (my whole company) work with Win10 and Office 2013.
Until Feb 9, everything worked fine.
By booting my machine at Feb. 10, some "updates" were applied...
After that, I was not able to work anymore (not with Word 2013 and also not with Outlook 2013 - my main-working-horses for my project-work.
I had a meeting with important customers at 1 pm and wanted to prepare the meeting an the morning.
Word was completely unusable (max CPU, not able to store / close normally and so on). The same was true for Outlook (not tried Excel and Vision).
After about 2 hours to try resolve the issue, I had to save the docx as .pdf (this has took about 3 minutes) to be able to show at least the document at the meeting, else I would have completely lost my face to our customers!
After the meeting and today morning, I then have tried to find out, which of the about 80 updates causes the problem and first deinstalled each security update (one after the other as i'ts not possible to rollback all together!)
I then thought, the problem was solved, what was not the case.
I don't have found any meaningful information on the internet, but then found this message fortunately.
=> The removal of KB3114717 really seems to solve the problem (not sure to 100% yet, but it seems so)
Second @MS:
- Seriously: are you nuts?
- You:
- constrain all your customers to automatically take alle updates (without choice with Win10)?
- let all customers in the dark, what kind of updates you install?
- don't let the user remove the bunches of updates on an easy way?
- automatically reinstalls some updates by ever reboot (so the user has to let run his machine, to
prevent the reinstall of removed updates that breaks his machine completely)? - don't post any easy findable information's on the internet to the problem?
=> You are homicidal!
I have lost a full day of my live to try resolve your automatically deployed bug (on various machines, including Win 8.1)
What, if you apply such a ugly bug to the Win 10 OS and all customers are not able to boot their machines anymore?
=> Your break millions of machines (and users) at one strike!
If this will happens also in the future - believe me - I will write to the government to rule MS to change this practice!
If your updates are not rock-solid and bullet-proof, you have to:
- let your customers exactly know,what you want to install
- let the customer decide, if and if yeswhen he wants to install the update
- let the customer easily remove updates (e.g. all updates from an specific date withone click)
- secure, that manually removed updates don't are reinstalled by the next boot automatically
As you can see (read), I'm (really) agry now!