The newly updated Word 2013 hangs

Anonymous
2016-02-10T16:31:25+00:00

After the new update of MS Office 2013 Pro today the 02/10/2016, hanging Word itself. At first I thought it was the document there was something wrong with, but the same the phenomenon also occurs with new upright and old documents and joins after a few seconds.

I can not remember that I have experienced it earlier

Are there any others with the same experience?

/Stein

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-02-12T15:36:44+00:00

Hello,

We are continuing to investigate why Update KB3114717 cause Word to slow down or hang. As a workaround, you can safely remove that update and we will post more information here as we learn more.

Thanks,

-Mike

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-02-11T12:59:20+00:00

Got the same issue, the culprit was KB3114717 (February 9, 2016, update for Office 2013). After removal of KB3114717 , the freezes disappeared. The update can easily be removed via WSUS (set approval to "removal").

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2016-02-10T19:26:35+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-10T23:53:08+00:00

    After the new update of MS Office 2013 Pro today the 02/10/2013, hanging Word itself. At first I thought it was the document there was something wrong with, but the same the phenomenon also occurs with new upright and old documents and joins after a few seconds.

    I can not remember that I have experienced it earlier

    Are there any others with the same experience?

    /Stein

    Yes! All of our users are experiencing Word freezing- sluggish- can't cut and paste, locks up when scrolling etc. The odd thing is that when they do a Ctrl-alt-del and bring up the task manager , without doing anything else (stopping processes etc.) then close task manager and Word is then responsive.  It has to be an update because everything was fine before the updates. As a test I uninstalled the Word (KB3114724) and Excel (KB3114734) updates but this did not correct the issues. I was about to uninstall ATT of the updates but I would rather figure out just which one is to blame first! Any help would be greatly appreciated-thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-11T07:53:46+00:00

    Thanks Stefan :-)

    No, neither repair or new installation helped. The strange is that Word has not locked completely, but hangs powerful and gives me time show option flipping me down the document. I see that the CPU utilization rate increases sharply, as soon as I do something in Word.

    I will therefore take a recovery from a 2 days old image to see if the same occurs for a new update.

    Thank you for so long.

    / Stein

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments