The newly updated Word 2013 hangs

Anonymous
2016-02-10T16:31:25+00:00

After the new update of MS Office 2013 Pro today the 02/10/2016, hanging Word itself. At first I thought it was the document there was something wrong with, but the same the phenomenon also occurs with new upright and old documents and joins after a few seconds.

I can not remember that I have experienced it earlier

Are there any others with the same experience?

/Stein

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-02-12T15:36:44+00:00

Hello,

We are continuing to investigate why Update KB3114717 cause Word to slow down or hang. As a workaround, you can safely remove that update and we will post more information here as we learn more.

Thanks,

-Mike

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-02-11T12:59:20+00:00

Got the same issue, the culprit was KB3114717 (February 9, 2016, update for Office 2013). After removal of KB3114717 , the freezes disappeared. The update can easily be removed via WSUS (set approval to "removal").

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-16T05:26:40+00:00

    I am on Windows 7 and if I got into Control Panel > Windows Update > View Update History

    This comes up: Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB3114717) 64-Bit Edition

    However, right clicking only gives the options of 'View Details' or 'Copy Details'.

    http://i.imgur.com/KMpQgBJ.png

    I then tried going into Control Panel > Programs and Features > Installed Updates

    This time.. there is no sign of KB3114717.

    http://i.imgur.com/qCV5xnB.png

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-15T22:15:31+00:00

    Did you have a question or...?  Is Office 2013 installed on the computer-in-question?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-15T10:06:22+00:00

    I know, but come with after I have checked [Give me updates for other Microsoft products When I update Windows].

    I assume some of the packages are not quite like those offered by regular channels. And thereby given the opportunity to forget.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments