The newly updated Word 2013 hangs

Anonymous
2016-02-10T16:31:25+00:00

After the new update of MS Office 2013 Pro today the 02/10/2016, hanging Word itself. At first I thought it was the document there was something wrong with, but the same the phenomenon also occurs with new upright and old documents and joins after a few seconds.

I can not remember that I have experienced it earlier

Are there any others with the same experience?

/Stein

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-02-12T15:36:44+00:00

Hello,

We are continuing to investigate why Update KB3114717 cause Word to slow down or hang. As a workaround, you can safely remove that update and we will post more information here as we learn more.

Thanks,

-Mike

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-02-11T12:59:20+00:00

Got the same issue, the culprit was KB3114717 (February 9, 2016, update for Office 2013). After removal of KB3114717 , the freezes disappeared. The update can easily be removed via WSUS (set approval to "removal").

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-16T13:57:10+00:00

    This is not the first time that Microsoft deploys a faulty update.

    Worst part is all of us who trust in the Click-To-Run Office 365 method. We're stuck in the 15.0.4797.1002 build with the error. We "can't" uninstall a simple KB update like the MSI version.

    Now we have 150 users (yes, you read that right) with the error. So, what can I done? Nothing.

    "Excelente" Microsoft. This one qualifies for a lawsuit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-16T13:38:57+00:00

    NO this is not my problem!  I don't have this update!  The only thing changed on my 2013 since Feb. 9, 2016 was a download of Microsoft Silverlight which I have uninstalled!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-16T13:09:48+00:00

    Now everything is in order. We got localized error, which was eventually removed.

    Thanks!

    With best regards,

    Stein

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments