Printing Subreports

Anonymous
2016-03-21T14:14:02+00:00

Hi, I have created a form in access 2010 called "customer profile" on the form I have 2 reports that I created and dragged  onto the form "Credits" and "Denials"

On my 'customer profile' form I have a search button where when we enter the customer number of a client the information regarding that specific client populates on the (subreports) on the form 'Credits and Denials'.

When we go to print the reports for the specific customer the criteria changes and ALL customers start to print rather than the specific customer we searched for.

How can we fix this, please help

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. ScottGem 68,845 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2016-03-22T12:59:41+00:00

    Ok, are you sure you have a control named Text25?

    Try 

    DoCmd.OpenReport "CODE Q & J CREDITS Subreport", acViewPreview, , "[CustNo]=" & Me.Text25

    Try after the & type in Me. and then selecting Text25 from the list that pops up. Also makse sure you aren't using curly quotes instead of the straight quotes.  I'm also wondering if the ampersand in your report name is screwing things up. You should never use spaces and special characters in object names. You can also try renaming the report to

    srptCode_QandJ_Credits

    That would make the code:

    DoCmd.OpenReport "srptCode_QandJ_Credits", acViewPreview, , "[CustNo]=" & Me.Text25

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-03-22T14:02:29+00:00

    That suggests that the Text25 control is Null when the code is executed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-03-22T14:45:22+00:00

    Ok I changed the report name as you suggested and put the new code but it's now saying "Data member not found' for my Text25?

    Could this error be because my search button is on the form, whereas this new button I am adding is on the report?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. ScottGem 68,845 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2016-03-22T15:45:04+00:00

    Aha. Text25 is on your form, NOT on the Subreport, which is where you are running the code from. That's why the error.

    Either put the button to run the report on the form (which is what I recommended) or change the code to:

    DoCmd.OpenReport "srptCode_QandJ_Credits", acViewPreview, , "[CustNo]=" & Forms![CUSTOMER PROFILE]!Text25

    But as I said earlier, by embedding the subreport on the form, you are being redundant. All you need is a form with a control to enter the Customer and a button to open the report in Print Preview.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-03-22T16:24:44+00:00

    I am still getting the same Syntax error.

    My form is run off a table where the customer # in that table is spelled as "CustNo" whereas the query where I am running my report it is spelled as "QNCLI".  They have a parent/child relationship but would this still make a difference?  

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments