Printing Subreports

Anonymous
2016-03-21T14:14:02+00:00

Hi, I have created a form in access 2010 called "customer profile" on the form I have 2 reports that I created and dragged  onto the form "Credits" and "Denials"

On my 'customer profile' form I have a search button where when we enter the customer number of a client the information regarding that specific client populates on the (subreports) on the form 'Credits and Denials'.

When we go to print the reports for the specific customer the criteria changes and ALL customers start to print rather than the specific customer we searched for.

How can we fix this, please help

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. ScottGem 68,845 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2016-03-21T17:36:27+00:00

    The idea is to have a database with the reports already there on the form for users to print. The information they need is filtered by simply inputting the customer number

    and when the reports populate with the information they can click a button and have the subreports print. However i cant 

    get them to print filtered with just the selected customer, when we print all customers print off. 

    Of course it is. And generally you put controls on a form to trigger the report printing. So you are triggering the report printing from a button? Then what is the code behind that button? If you show us that we can show you how to filter the report.

    Forms and reports display data differently. Again Reports were designed to be printed, Forms were not. If you prefer to display the related data using a report embedded on form, that certainly is a matter of personal preference. In 20 years of helping people use Access, I don't recall anyone else having that preference. If I wanted to display a report filtered for a selected client, I wouldn't embed the reports on a form. I would have a form where I select the client with a button to print the report. The code behind that button would use the WHERE clause of the OpenReport method (Action if you are using macros) to filter the report for the selected client.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-03-21T17:21:30+00:00

    What difference does it make putting reports on a form vs subdorm or queries? I think its all about preference

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-03-21T17:18:35+00:00

    The idea is to have a database with the reports already there on the form for users to print. The information they need is filtered by simply inputting the customer number

    and when the reports populate with the information they can click a button and have the subreports print. However i cant 

    get them to print filtered with just the selected customer, when we print all customers print off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. ScottGem 68,845 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2016-03-21T16:38:50+00:00

    Why are you putting Reports on a form instead of subforms? 

    How are you triggering the report printing?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-03-21T16:07:51+00:00

    Maybe I am not explaining it properly.

    I created a form "customer profile' then I created two subreports. In Design view I dragged my subreports right onto my form so when I enter in a customer number into the search button on my form it populates both the subreports with the information that I need.

    I have no clue about codes etc. so if you can help me with that so I am able to print the information in my subreports without it printing all the customers in my dbase that would be great!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments