Printing Subreports

Anonymous
2016-03-21T14:14:02+00:00

Hi, I have created a form in access 2010 called "customer profile" on the form I have 2 reports that I created and dragged  onto the form "Credits" and "Denials"

On my 'customer profile' form I have a search button where when we enter the customer number of a client the information regarding that specific client populates on the (subreports) on the form 'Credits and Denials'.

When we go to print the reports for the specific customer the criteria changes and ALL customers start to print rather than the specific customer we searched for.

How can we fix this, please help

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. ScottGem 68,845 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2016-03-23T20:35:28+00:00

    I'm not sure why you have to enter it twice. But I'm going to guess here that when you enter the number to search it positions the form at that record then clears the search box. Actually, this is partially our fault. we were concentrating on the OpenReport we didn't look at your search code. I just went back and checked and you have:

    Me!Text25 = Null

    So of course, after you find the record the search box is emptied. So that's why it hasn't worked. 

    So you can get around that by using the Control bound to the CustNo field instead of Text25 (the search box?)

    As to why the subreports show the correct data, its because you have the correct Master/Child links.

    I still think you shouldn't have those subreports on your form. Simply open the report in Print Preview.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-03-23T19:17:01+00:00

    Well I Just solved my problem, with all your help of course!!!!

    I needed to re-enter the customer # into the search box and then click  the button on my report and it finally worked!!!

    Seems a little tedious to have to enter the customer # in twice but if that is what I have to do I am not complaining!!

    Thank you so much for all your help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-03-23T18:56:36+00:00

    Ok my mistake, when I changed it to CustNo to try I forgot to change it back to QNCLI and now it is working!! When I put a customer just that customer shows.

    So the big question is, how can I get this to work on the dbase we have because currently like I said when we put in a customer number all the subreports imbedded on the form populate with the different information we are needing to assess before deciding if we need or want to print the repot!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-03-23T18:46:10+00:00

    Yes the customer number exists, the customer shows up on the report but all the other customers do as well.

    Do we need to perhaps filter the actual report?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. ScottGem 68,845 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2016-03-23T18:36:51+00:00

    OK, at least some progress. Are you sure you entered a valid Customer number? Can you check the query that feeds the report to make sure that customer number exists?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments