Susanne 1111:
While this method works now (Hyperlinks are saved), the conversion itself is very bad in that many fonts and special symbols disappear. Is there a way to avoid that?
I did a test, and Susanne 1111 supposition is correct I did testing of my own. But I am not sure it a Bug or a limitation of the service used to do the conversion.
Here are two samples using Export to PDF then choosing "Best for Electronic Distribution" and "Best for Print":



I think it is a Limitation of the service naturally because The computers at the service only would have loaded only Office Fonts, Window fonts that come with the system and, Fonts that comes natively with MacOS. Many people myself use Purchased fonts and
possibly freeware fonts. There is no way Microsoft could load all known fonts on one computer system and would make the service unaffordable.
So If you need URLs in Documents to look like wat you created you are going to have to fall back on time test methods of conversion. Save In In Pages making sure that all links including embedded links (The first screenshot is a sample of an embedded URL)
are working then export as Word Document that can be converted, through using Print command PDF. Or save directly as a PDF from Pages. Or open through LibreOffice and do similar as with Pages. Or, if you happen to own Acrobat go to print menu click on PDF
then choose to save as Adobe PDF.
_________
Disclaimer:
The questions, discussions, opinions, replies & answers I create, are solely mine and mine alone and do not reflect upon my position as a Community Moderator.