Obtaining older versions of Office

Anonymous
2015-09-22T09:45:42+00:00

Hi,

How do I go about getting an older version of Office?

I mistakenly upgraded to Office 2016, not knowing Outlook 2016 did not support Exchange 2007. I need to fix this, and the most logical solution (I think) is "downgrading" to Office 2013 (whick worked fine). However; I can't find an option for downloading an earlier version of Office in the Office 365 online portal - only the "latest version" is available.

Please help, as I need to access my work mail accounts!

Thank you in advance,

Joakim

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-09-22T16:26:10+00:00

Hi Joakim,

Sorry for the inconvenience it caused. It is a known issue that Outlook 2016 cannot connect to Exchange 2007 in a hybrid scenario. Our related team are working on it.

**Important: After you have rolled back to Office 2013, make sure you read this article to prevent Office 365 ProPlus/Office 365 Business from automatically updating to Office 2016 directly from the internet. "Method 2" in the article may applies to you.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3097292

Here are the steps to switch back to Office 2013 as a temporary workaround:

  1. Use the Fix it toolto remove the current Office 2016. See:

Uninstall Office 2013, Office 2016, or Office 365 from a Windows computer

  1. Install Office 2013 via the URLs below:

For Office 365 Business or Office 365 Business Premium:

32-bit, English:

https://c2rsetup.officeapps.live.com/c2r/download.aspx?productReleaseID=O365BusinessRetail&platform=X86&language=en-us&version=O15GA&source=O15OLSO365

64-bit, English:

https://c2rsetup.officeapps.live.com/c2r/download.aspx?productReleaseID=O365BusinessRetail&platform=X64&language=en-us&version=O15GA&source=O15OLSO365

For Office 365 Enterprise E3 or Office 365 ProPlus:

32-bit, English:

https://c2rsetup.officeapps.live.com/c2r/download.aspx?productReleaseID=O365ProPlusRetail&platform=X86&language=en-us&version=O15GA&source=O15OLSO365

64-bit, English:

https://c2rsetup.officeapps.live.com/c2r/download.aspx?productReleaseID=O365ProPlusRetail&platform=X64&language=en-us&version=O15GA&source=O15OLSO365

Please let us know if you require other language. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and efforts.

Best Regards,

Jim

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-23T08:04:45+00:00

    I need an 2013 version link of Office 365 University in Dutch if it is available.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-23T08:24:28+00:00

    I'm at the point where it's installing Office 2013 and I sign in, then I get a dialog box that states "The products we found in your account can't be used to activate Microsoft Office 365 Business".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-23T10:24:05+00:00

    Hi Everyone,

    Take note on the information below and find the steps to move forward.

    1. Office 365 (Personal, Home, University) subscribers

    Refer to the KB and report your issue to the thread below.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3093039

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2016-outlook/rolling-back-to-2013-from-2016/edda2c54-de95-446f-a306-59c688f15899?auth=1

    1. Office 365 (Business , Business Premium) subscribers

    32-bit, Spanish:

    https://c2rsetup.officeapps.live.com/c2r/download.aspx?productReleaseID=O365BusinessRetail&platform=X86&language=es-es&version=O15GA&source=O15OLSO365

    64-bit, Spanish:

    https://c2rsetup.officeapps.live.com/c2r/download.aspx?productReleaseID=O365BusinessRetail&platform=X64&language=es-es&version=O15GA&source=O15OLSO365

    Here is how you get sources for other languages, just replace the highlighted part with respective language.

    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533052(v=vs.85).aspx (*Note: This table is for reference on language code, not all sources are available in some specific languages)

    1. Office 365 subscription from GoDaddy

    @Rick, you error message indicates that you are running on an Office subscription from GoDaddy. Please reach out to GoDaddy support for the source.

    Thanks,

    Chee Loon

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-23T11:15:37+00:00

    @Chee Loon - I have contacted GoDaddy.  I referred them to this thread.  They said that fix is only for Exchange 2007 connections.  They were not able to help and said I'd have to call Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments