Obtaining older versions of Office

Anonymous
2015-09-22T09:45:42+00:00

Hi,

How do I go about getting an older version of Office?

I mistakenly upgraded to Office 2016, not knowing Outlook 2016 did not support Exchange 2007. I need to fix this, and the most logical solution (I think) is "downgrading" to Office 2013 (whick worked fine). However; I can't find an option for downloading an earlier version of Office in the Office 365 online portal - only the "latest version" is available.

Please help, as I need to access my work mail accounts!

Thank you in advance,

Joakim

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-09-22T16:26:10+00:00

Hi Joakim,

Sorry for the inconvenience it caused. It is a known issue that Outlook 2016 cannot connect to Exchange 2007 in a hybrid scenario. Our related team are working on it.

**Important: After you have rolled back to Office 2013, make sure you read this article to prevent Office 365 ProPlus/Office 365 Business from automatically updating to Office 2016 directly from the internet. "Method 2" in the article may applies to you.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3097292

Here are the steps to switch back to Office 2013 as a temporary workaround:

  1. Use the Fix it toolto remove the current Office 2016. See:

Uninstall Office 2013, Office 2016, or Office 365 from a Windows computer

  1. Install Office 2013 via the URLs below:

For Office 365 Business or Office 365 Business Premium:

32-bit, English:

https://c2rsetup.officeapps.live.com/c2r/download.aspx?productReleaseID=O365BusinessRetail&platform=X86&language=en-us&version=O15GA&source=O15OLSO365

64-bit, English:

https://c2rsetup.officeapps.live.com/c2r/download.aspx?productReleaseID=O365BusinessRetail&platform=X64&language=en-us&version=O15GA&source=O15OLSO365

For Office 365 Enterprise E3 or Office 365 ProPlus:

32-bit, English:

https://c2rsetup.officeapps.live.com/c2r/download.aspx?productReleaseID=O365ProPlusRetail&platform=X86&language=en-us&version=O15GA&source=O15OLSO365

64-bit, English:

https://c2rsetup.officeapps.live.com/c2r/download.aspx?productReleaseID=O365ProPlusRetail&platform=X64&language=en-us&version=O15GA&source=O15OLSO365

Please let us know if you require other language. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and efforts.

Best Regards,

Jim

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-30T10:29:09+00:00

    Hi Ankit,

    For the removal Skype for Business 2013, as a workaround, install the Skype for Business from this KB:

    https://community.office365.com/en-us/w/lync/skype-for-business-is-removed-when-you-upgrade-to-office-2016

    For the OneDrive for Business issue, we’d suggest you refer to and monitor this primary thread: https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/172/t/409801

    Thanks,

    Iris

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-30T14:11:46+00:00

    Hi Iris,

    When I try to install skype from the standalone installer it asks me to uninstall older version of office which I just rolled back from office 2016.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-30T14:19:09+00:00

    Hi Kim,

    I need the Danish version of Office 2013 as well. Would you please provide a download link for that version too? The reason is that Onenote 2016 doesn't sync properly on my Surface Pro 3. Thank you in advance.

    Best regards

    Asger

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-30T21:00:38+00:00

    I have followed these steps and now it will not register my Office 2013!  This has wasted days of my time and getting over  it!!  Please help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments