Cannot erase after drawing - Onenote for iPad Pro + Typing RTL issues

Anonymous
2016-02-28T09:23:17+00:00

Hello everyone

I'm using iPad pro with Onenote, i write notes in class with iPad pencil. when i want to erase - its not working.

In order to erase i need to exit the app and re-open it, this is the only way it will erase.

After short while it won't work and i need to re-do those steps again (not really effective...)


Another issue with RTL language:

When i type with the "text mode" Hebrew - everything works fine but after reviewing the notes again - the original text alignment changes and become LTR, in other words i see "mirror of the text" and its not readable.

those are the issues currently i have seen in the Onenote iPad version.

I have uninstalled the app and re-installed it, same issues happened. 

Any idea what to do?

General feedback to Microsoft:

It will be great if Microsoft team will make the iPad version the same as Windows version, there are so many functions missing and honestly speaking the current version of Onenote for iOS is not that better from other apps available in app store.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-05-07T21:26:16+00:00

The fix just went live in the store 15.22.1  Get it here https://app.adjust.com/qncury

Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-05-06T17:19:45+00:00

    Hi all,

    So this is obviously an update that broke something. As MS has stated previously, they are working on it.

    I sympathize with everyone who (like me) needs this app to function properly. The stop gap I used yesterday (which is not perfect, and far from acceptable) is to do the following.

    1. Instead of clicking erase, click the lasso tool.
    2. Lasso what you want to erase with the pencil.
    3. Use the pencil to tap in the center of the selected items (this part is not seamless. Sometimes I have to doubletap, sometimes I have to tap on the top of the box outlining what has been selected).
    4. A box will appear offerring cut/copy/paste/DELETE options. Tap DELETE.
    5. Profit!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-06T16:17:51+00:00

    i'm on iPad Pro 9.7" - unfortunately did not work for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-05-06T14:24:28+00:00

    Having the same issue after the latest update??

    This is not good for me, I take notes and erase constantly...

    When will there be a fix?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-06T09:01:57+00:00

    I experience the problem across all notebooks. I'm a teacher and use One Note heavily to keep my records and other intimation organized, easily accessible and and editable. However after the Version 15.22 upgrade on my iPad pros (12 & 9), I'm unable to update. Ironically on my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Im having the same problem, absolutely no eraser functionality.

    Samsung PLEASE address this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments