Outlook 2016 Send from Outlook Alias Account?

Anonymous
2015-07-25T00:36:11+00:00

As encouraged by Microsoft, I have created and use an alias attached/linked to my primary outlook.com.  For years, it has been impossible to send e-mail from the alias using the Outlook Win32/64 client.  I have to go to Outlook.com in order to do so.

I have just installed the Office 2016 Preview and am severely disappointed to find that I cannot send from the alias within the new client. 

Am I incorrect?  Is it actually possible to send from ******@outlook.com rather than ******@outlook.com?

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-04-15T08:46:12+00:00

    Fax22, it doesn't work at all...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-04-15T19:26:32+00:00

    I am the original poster of this thread.  I am speaking only for myself, but it now works as it is supposed to for me.  I have a consumer outlook.com e-mail address using an Outlook 365 consumer subscription.  After a clean install of Windows 10 and Office365, I can simply add my outlook.com address as an account.  I then receive mail for both the primary account and the alias.  I can also choose to send from the alias when creating a new message, and the alias account is used as the source of replies to those messages to which it is sent.  It only took seven or eight YEARS, but it seems to be working now.

    [Edited for more info]  For what it is worth, I am based in the USA.  I don't know if that matters or not.

    Of course, Clutter and/or Focused inbox are inconsistent steaming piles of crap right now, so there is that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-04-18T18:24:56+00:00

    It is not working for me, messages sent to alias account are not replied within alias, but with original outlook.com account. I need to manualy change this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-04-21T05:10:50+00:00

    I have just installed the Office 2016 Preview and am severely disappointed to find that I cannot send from the alias within the new client. 

    It's a work in progress in conjunction with the move of Outlook.com to the Exchange Online platform. Once that is completed and your account has been migrated, sending from an alias address will be possible without any additional configuration in Outlook 2010 or later.

    Until then, you can configure the alias as an additional POP3 account and configure it for sending only.

    Well here it is more than a year and a half later and I cannot use my alias on my Microsoft account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-05-19T22:31:26+00:00

    Microsoft breaks something with its Outlook.com update which makes people with personal domain email aliases left helpless...

    And then two months later offers a fix - FOR $20 A YEAR!!!!

    I cannot believe I had to "upgrade" to Outlook.com Premium to get my personal domain email to work properly again!

    So to the 69 people above who had the same problem, the answer is to PAY MICROSOFT FOR THE FIX TO THE THING THEY BROKE.

    What a scam, what a sham.  My choices are the Microsoft monopoly or the Apple monopoly.  Both SUCK.

    I am really furious.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments