Outlook 2016 Send from Outlook Alias Account?

Anonymous
2015-07-25T00:36:11+00:00

As encouraged by Microsoft, I have created and use an alias attached/linked to my primary outlook.com.  For years, it has been impossible to send e-mail from the alias using the Outlook Win32/64 client.  I have to go to Outlook.com in order to do so.

I have just installed the Office 2016 Preview and am severely disappointed to find that I cannot send from the alias within the new client. 

Am I incorrect?  Is it actually possible to send from ******@outlook.com rather than ******@outlook.com?

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-26T07:08:47+00:00

    As an Office 365 Home subscriber, all of the 5 outlook.com accounts associated to my office 365 home profile have been "freely" upgraded to Outlook Premium : no more adds on the right in the webmail + a "manage outlook premium" option in the webmail menu (that leads nowhere BTW) + a boring email link checking feature.

    It matches the information given here https://blogs.office.com/en-us/2017/10/30/premium-outlook-com-features-now-available-to-office-365-subscribers/

    However, I still cannot send a message "from" all my secondary MS aliases in Outlook 2016 (version 1710 build 8625.2132).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-25T17:11:26+00:00

    I don't think premium is available in the UK.

    However, for one or two accounts, a few pounds a month is ok, but when you require 10 of them it's a considerable cost. Especially after purchasing windows and Office 2016 licences.

    My biggest gripe is still the lack of information. Microsoft; If I need premium THEN SAY.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-24T14:49:14+00:00

    I am using Outlook 2016 and outlook.com....they want me to upgrade to Premium, but it does not offer any real benefits.  I will not go to Office 365 until I have to.......

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-24T05:06:51+00:00

    Are you using Outlook Premium?  If not, then maybe what the tech told me is true.  Mine is now working fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-11-22T22:00:15+00:00

    So frustrating.

    Microsoft; either support something, or be honest with people and say it isn't supported, instead of wasting their time.

    And another thing, since Apple and Google have eaten away at your home market and Linux is taking a large share of the enterprise server market. Don't you think you should look after SMEs a little better, instead of ripping them off for trivial features, when they have already spent hundreds of pounds buying windows and office licences?

    I won't be buying 365 licences, I won't be buying Windows server and Exchange licences, I will, like most ex Windows SBS customers, be switching to a Linux based alternative.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments