Outlook 2016 Send from Outlook Alias Account?

Anonymous
2015-07-25T00:36:11+00:00

As encouraged by Microsoft, I have created and use an alias attached/linked to my primary outlook.com.  For years, it has been impossible to send e-mail from the alias using the Outlook Win32/64 client.  I have to go to Outlook.com in order to do so.

I have just installed the Office 2016 Preview and am severely disappointed to find that I cannot send from the alias within the new client. 

Am I incorrect?  Is it actually possible to send from ******@outlook.com rather than ******@outlook.com?

Microsoft 365 and Office
Microsoft 365 and Office

A comprehensive suite of productivity tools and cloud services that enhance collaboration, communication, and efficiency. Combining classic Office apps with advanced Microsoft 365 features, it supports both personal and business needs

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-21T14:54:18+00:00

    Just don't waste your time and money with MS, I moved my email account to other provider, cancelled office 16 subscription and installed o'l trysty office 2010 and happy!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-11-11T14:30:50+00:00

    I get so furious with Microsoft. Having wasted hours looking for a solution that will allow me to create aliases on Outlook 16 I cannot find any easy solution. Creating different e-mail accounts just creates lots of clutter and wasted time when all I want to do is have ONE inbox yet have the facility to use different e-mail personas for sending and receiving for the different aspects of my business. For a multi-billion dollar company it reflects poorly on the needs of its clients.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-02T12:40:03+00:00

    I'm another customer and I was having the same problem Fax22.

    Last week I was finally migrated from Outlook.com to Outlook Mail (that is to say, from the recent to the new version of Hotmail).

    1. In Outlook 2016 I went into File > Info > Account Settings and the account still showed as the old kind.
    2. I deleted my Outlook.com account.  
    3. I closed down Outlook 2016 and signed-off Windows.
    4. I logged back on and re-started Windows.

    In Outlook 2016 I went into File > Info > Account Settings and added back my Outlook.com account.

    1. The account type is now simply 'Microsoft Exchange'. 
    2. After waiting several minutes for the email to be re-synched I logged off Windows again.
    3. I logged back on to Windows.
    4. I restarted Outlook > New Email.
    5. The aliases now appear as options when I click the down arrow by the Sender box and I can send email using an alias.

    For me, at least, removing and adding back the Outlook  account so the account type is simply 'Microsoft Exchange' solved the issue of sending email with an Outlook alias.  

    (I'm running Outlook 2016 (from Office 365) on Windows 10 RS1 64-bit, both with all the standard Windows Update updates.  And I use Kaspersky Total Security 2017.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-10-07T19:29:35+00:00

    It didn't work for me on Ms Outlook 2016, I did every single step on the internet, but whenever I click a new email, no "From" only "To" shows, so I can't change the primary email and send from an alias instead. I even tried deleting the profile and re-creating a new one to make sure the profile wasn't damaged, still same result, only a waste of time. I even added an alias as a separate email and sent test emails using it, and emails arrive sent from the primary email, not the alias. So frustrating!!! The function is there, in Ms Mail App which is free and has way fewer functions, but not in Ms Office Outlook Professional 2016. They can push it as an update to Ms Office Pro 2016 so professionals can do their work with ease, but, no, just let them suffer and turn to Office 365, and instead of doing my work, I am here looking for a solution which is not there. so everytime I need to send an email from alias, I have to go to a browser, and send it from Outlook.com. the Free app has the function but a paid Office Pro 2016 does NOT.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-07-25T19:48:07+00:00

    Hello,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

    You may refer to the following link which discusses about the similar issue and check if it help.

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office\_2010-outlook/sending-e-mail-using-alias-with-primary-account-in/0029aaed-275c-4d4f-b626-e430c286b3e5

    I hope the above information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments