Word 2013 "This image cannot currently be displayed"

Anonymous
2013-12-02T19:30:11+00:00

I am running Microsoft 365 on my Windows 7 64 bit computer.

I'm trying to insert .png images into my document, but only the box with the red x and the message "This image cannot currently be displayed."

Is there a maximum image size that Word can handle?  These are 11x17 .png images that range from about 5 to 13 MB.

Thanks!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.4K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2015-01-13T04:14:01+00:00

    I've asked him to contact you. I don't guarantee that he will. The request from MS was for documents to study.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-01-29T16:40:57+00:00

    I have a similar problem with Word 2013. I have a doc with several jpgs pasted in. Two of the smaller .jpgs (so this is NOT a jpg size issue) show up as this "This image cannot currently be displayed". I created this file weeks ago. I have opened it several times. I did NOT see this issue until I was editing with Tracking Changes turned on. Maybe that somehow caused this? I'm not sure, because this did not occur with Tracking Changes turned on for the first few days. All of a sudden, one fine day, this issue pops up. Help!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-01T21:15:18+00:00

    I've been having this issue off and on with Word 2013. I usually finish my graphics in Adobe Illustrator CC 2014 and the file> save for Microsoft Office... wrote an ok quality png that worked, where my normal export to high res jpg did not.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-02T19:26:13+00:00

    Did this ever get resolved?  I have the same issue but have not found any solution?  Did everyone give up and start using WordPerfect?  Oh wait....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-10-29T03:32:40+00:00

    Any solutions, please?  I have the same problem in Word2010, Word2013....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments