Word 2013 "This image cannot currently be displayed"

Anonymous
2013-12-02T19:30:11+00:00

I am running Microsoft 365 on my Windows 7 64 bit computer.

I'm trying to insert .png images into my document, but only the box with the red x and the message "This image cannot currently be displayed."

Is there a maximum image size that Word can handle?  These are 11x17 .png images that range from about 5 to 13 MB.

Thanks!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-30T07:04:35+00:00

    That is interesting, I have also updated to 64 bit due to a number of reasons and I have not encountered the same issue. But then of course like all upgrades there is always a price to pay and now my CRM software will NOT talk to Outlook and I have to remove any 32 bit software to install more 64 bit software and then reinstall the 32 bit software! Two steps forward one back with all upgrades.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-29T13:18:57+00:00

    My laptop is a 64 bit machine and my ms office was 32 bit. Changing my office to 64 bit resolved the issue for me, after ruling out everything else. Hope this helps

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-29T03:43:17+00:00

    I have been banging my head against a brick wall for many years on this issue, it has been a issue for at least 15 years. It seem to crop up every so often and I have never received a solid response from anyone.

    It happens with big files with many screendumps.

    I have found that by turning off Track Changes when I am replacing screen dumps that this seems to help.

    Also do I suggest you not work with an old file type as this type of action seems to upset software.

    I go back to a back up file and and start my work again.

    Regards

    Paul E Harris

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-10-29T03:32:40+00:00

    Any solutions, please?  I have the same problem in Word2010, Word2013....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-07-02T19:26:13+00:00

    Did this ever get resolved?  I have the same issue but have not found any solution?  Did everyone give up and start using WordPerfect?  Oh wait....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments